Am I Just Lucky, Or Are There Others Out There?

Guest greydreams

Guest greydreams

JJ is our sixth greyhound and the only one who is giving us trouble "going" in the house. I am running out of ideas and may just start crating her although we didn't use one with her. I've had two seniors who had cancer, were extremely sick and yet never had an accident. JJ is going to be three next month was a basket case when we brought her home and only lets my husband and me near her without cringing. We were told she was abused in the racing kennel.

The pottying in the house is driving us crazy. We have to watch her every second and even if she's just been out, she'll come in and go.

I'm trying to put her out every two hours and make her stay out until she goes. Nights are not a problem, she'll stay in her bed all night.

Any ideas?

Maybe take her out on that two hour schedule but go with her and have her on a leash. Tell her to "potty" and stay with her until she does, and then praise her a LOT. That always worked for me. If she doesn't go when you are out with her, bring her in and crate her, and try again when it is time. She'll get the idea.

Guest kydie

Mr Bob has been here over ayear, and never, never hasd an accidnet, and no crate was ever used for him, he settled in with no issues, a this is "my" bed issues was quicked squashed, and he is perfect, O.K. a slight bit of pride here :lol

My Princess has been with me 3 years and she's never had an accident. She's the only one I've ever had that hasn't had at least one. But all in all greyhounds are typically pretty easy to housebreak.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest saltwaterron

have had riley 2 yrs and no accidents. she whines when she needs to go out but i am pretty vigilant about making sure she goes out from time to time.

In my adult life, I've had an italian greyhound, a whippet, and now 2 greyhounds.

The 2 greyhounds have been a breeze to get trained and acclimated to life in our house, especially in comparison to the italian greyhound, whose bladder was the size of a teaspoon and would have pee accidents all the time. As much as I loved her, I would never have an IG again.

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France