Sobe

sobesmom

Guest BlackandBrindle

I am so sorry that you didn't have more time with your beloved boy. :grouphug :grouphug

Your tribute to Sobe has me in tears and I just wanted to let you know that we mourn your loss with you. :grouphug

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How you loved him. And the blossoming of this "unadoptable" into your very special heartdog is a tribute to the love you shared.

I'm so sorry you lost your precious Sobe.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Guest bluefawn

I followed your other thread up until it was closed, and I was crying with you. And now here is a place to tell you how very sorry I am that you had to lose Sobe, after all you had been through. And your tribute you posted is full of the love you shared with him, and he with you. brokenheart.gif He was a lucky boy to have had you in his life, and you were lucky too, that he came along into yours. RIP Sobe.

Godspeed Sobe.

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

Guest SkipperAnnie

Sobe left this life yesterday. He was not quite 9 years old. We adopted him when he was 5.

Sobe was our very first greyhound. I adopted him at a time in my life when my baby was getting grown up - and I "thought" I needed another baby to fill a void. Sobe was that baby.

Sobe was a mess. I didn't know it then, but now that we've had 14 fosters through this house - I've realized that Sobe was almost an "unadoptable dog". Sleep aggression - space aggression - food aggression -fear - horrible seperation anxiety. The dog was a basket case. But - we worked through most of it - dealt with the rest of it. And the whole time - he was the sweetest, most loving dog ever. But - he was also a one-woman guy. He was MY boy. My baby.

And - the smartest,naughtiest greyhoud ever. He could open the fridge. We had to put baby-safety-latches on it. He learned to open the microwave- we quit storing bread there. He could open the oven. The pantry cupboard - he opened. And a trashcan - forget it - the trashcan hasn't been invented that he couldn't open. :blink:

And - he was my snuggle-boy ... after a year that it took him to not freak out at night, he slept in our bed every night.

And when I ruptured 2 disks in my back and laid on the floor for 5 days - he layed right beside me. Nobody could make him get up to eat, or go outside. He woudln't leave me. I had to make him go out, and eat. He just wouldn't leave me.

Sobe was the screwiest greyhound I've ever met - and the most amazing - most devoted, most loving dog I've ever had the pleasure to know.

I've been blessed to have Sobe in my life. I'm so... so sad that he's gone. I miss him SOOOOO much. But I have to smile - he was the best dog ever. And our lives were richer - because we had each other.

"Don't cry because it's over....smile because it happened"...Dr. Seus :blush (a GT'er sent me that)

An amazing dog is gone - but more importantly - and amazing dog LIVED! :colgate

I'm crying and smiling at the same time.

Rest in Peace my beloved baby-boy.

I'm crying and smiling too - what a great pair you two made. He was the luckiest dog to have found you - I'm sure he's telling all his new friends all about you. I'm sorry for your sadness...

your loss will always hurt, he will always be remembered and loved, loosing a companion stinks. but he will never be lost, he's in your heart forever especially when you open the fridge!

i didn't know how important the rememberance section of g.t. was until i used it, i hope it comforts you as much as it comforted me....now...get a tissue!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest VelvetEars

I'm just heartbroken to see this. I, too, had an "impossible" dog as my first greyhound. When you work through so much together, the bond is so incredibly strong.... losing them is like losing a limb. It's been 2 years since Jane went to the bridge, and I'm still not quite right. Know you are in my thoughts and prayers. he had a wonderful life with you.

Oh Dear!!...I'm so so sorry for your loss...my heart breaks for you..I was just going through the 'Remembrance' posts to review the posts on my Dessi who I just lost and just now saw the sad news about Sobie..I'm sorry I didn't respond sooner...I love your Dr.Suess quote..I can see the two of them playing at the Rainbow Gate...Bill

Dogs and small children are the only people I really get along with....MacDaddy