Marking

Guest jvandover

Guest jvandover

Growing up we always had dogs, and most of my experiences were the same. Male dogs mark, and females pee once, maybe twice on a walk, and that is it.

Well, Lovie is a a female Greyhound (duh :P ) and she marks... sometimes. She sometimes only pees once or twice, but typically will go "a couple tablespoons" 4-5 times per walk!

Does any one else have experience on male vs female dogs marking?

Guest earlkattangrey

I've only had Kattan (male grey) a couple weeks, so it could change, but so far, Meeve (female) does mark out on walks (pees one full time but then always seems to have some in reserve for 4-8 marks, even lifting her leg and sort of squatting to do it), and Kattan does not at all. Meeve is definitely an alpha female though.

Guest AGirlNamedMe

The only place Bella goes excessively is at the dog park. Poo and pee. She pooped so many times that a man there asked if our dog was sick. :P

Guest Sunset123

Arrisa marks. She can go 5-10 times on a short walk.

Fortunately, she knows that when I take her out in the yard for a "real" pee I expect more than just a little tinkle! :P

We often call Asta "Little Miss Marker" on walks. She really goes to town when we take a neighborhood route she hasn't been on in a while. Also, in the last couple of years, she seems to do more precise aiming, kinda like a boy. :)

Lisa

Dog mama to angel-boy Ewan (racing name Atascocita Ewan), 3/26/10 to 8/23/20, and angel-girl Asta (racing name Pazzo Asta), 6/16/01 to 9/7/13.