Think Good Thought For Luke, Please

Guest FireHorse

Guest FireHorse

Luke and I are on the way to the vet's here in a bit; he has a 7am drop-off appointment for a day of observation and bloodwork. Hubby texted me last night at dinner time (I was at work) to say that Luke had had a massive seizure, and did I want him to take Luke to the ER? Instead, we managed to catch Dr C still in the office, even though technically they'd just closed.

I'm worried about the guy-he's been a little off for a week or so now, but nothing that could be well defined, or not explained away by bad weather, or age. (Luke is 7; not ancient, but not a spring chicken anymore either.) He's had a seizure before, right after we first brought him home. Since then, though, nothing. I'm hoping this is one of those weird random misfires, and not anything serious.

Think good thoughts for us, please!

Edited by FireHorse

Sending lots of good thoughts, white light, and postive energy Luke's way. I too hope that this was just one of those rare random misfirings and you won't see another for a very long time or that at the least it's something that can be resolved easily.

Seizures are so scary.

Keeping Luke in my prayers. Please let us know how he's doing.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Guest FireHorse

We're back. All of Luke's bloodwork came back greyhound normal, except for one liver enzyme that was one point above normal. Given that that was the only thing that was out of whack, and only just, Dr C isn't worried about it.

Otherwise...nothing. He has good range of motion everywhere ("Does he do yoga?" ^_^ ) and no sore or flinchy spots. He's fine, except for the seizure. Which is good, but frustrating-what the heck caused it?

According to Dr C, he *will* have more; the question is when. Tonight, or another four years from now, who knows? So basically, watch and wait, but don't worry.

Luke, of course, thinks he spent the day being beaten with sticks, and has no idea what all the fuss is about. Both yesterday and this morning he met me at the bottom of the stairs, prancing like a show pony and flinging his toy around-clearly he feels ok. :wub:

Dr C gave us some handouts about canine epilepsy, but I'd be interested in reading more about it, if anyone has any good links to share. I'm glad my big lunk is ok-he's a crochety old guy sometimes, but he's mine. :inlove

Guest Energy11

Good news about Luke!

I have the same thing with Curfew. He had his big "episode," in Sept. 2008, and didn't have another until March, 2009. Then, another about a month ago! He is on meds for high blood pressure, and thyroid meds, but no anti-seizure meds.

Sending love and hugs to Mr. Luke, and to you! Hope he has no more seizures!

Dee and The Five

Guest greytbookert

I hope Luke is feeling better and stays better! Poor guy being "beaten with sticks" all day! He should get extra cookies :)