Run Free, Sweet Girl

ivon

I had to let Darla go this morning, she was no longer enjoying life, she was in pain and could barely walk, the lymphoma was affecting everything, everywhere....she went peacefully, I held her and told her what a good dog she is, how much I loved her, and that she will now be free of pain, free to run. I hope I had the timing right.....she will be missed, what a good, good dog she was....

spud_karma_sig.jpgmed_gallery_2551_3357_5098.jpg

Ivon, Spud, Karma & Sasha

Missing Darla (05-22-96 03-01-2010)

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Rest in peace, sweet Darla.

:grouphug:f_pink

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

she went peacefully, I held her and told her what a good dog she is, how much I loved her, and that she will now be free of pain, free to run. I hope I had the timing right.....she will be missed, what a good, good dog she was....

You were her best friend. You gave her the gift of being free from pain and suffering. She always knew how much you loved her.

I am so very sorry for your loss.

Say not in grief, "he is no more," but live in thankfulness that he was. ~ Hebrew proverb

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

I am so sorry

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

I'm so sorry she couldn't stay longer.

Godspeed, beloved girl.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

You answered her prayer...she crossed over as a pet that was enveloped in love and will never be forgotten. She will be with you always. It is not the end because "love is as strong as death....Many waters cannot quench love, nor can the floods drown it. If a man would give for love all the wealth of his house, It would be utterly despised." Song of Solomon 8:6-7

flowers_red.gifgrouphug.gif My deepest sympathy.

:f_red I am sorry she had to leave.

God speed to you little girl, knowing how very much you are loved and will be greatly missed.

You fought a battle with dignity and with grace, so rest well

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

So sad when we have to let them go, but a blessing that there is the peaceful euthanasia option when they need it. None of us who truly love our dogs will ever actually let them go at anything other than the right time. As my vet said to me when it was near Angel's time: "Only you could possibly know your dog well enough to be able to decide."

Maybe your girl will get to meet my Angel, Mona, Misha and Kerry there at the Bridge. Hopefully the natural healing process that is 'Grieving when you don't hold anything back' will soon return happy memories of your girl to be the first things that come to mind when you think of her; and maybe too you can teach future dogs all the things you enjoyed learning about together.

There's a bittersweet little poem called "The Legacy" on my Angel's photo gallery at PBase.

http://www.pbase.com/johnfr/fast_angel