I Have Another Dog In Renal Failure

Guest Tenderhearts

Guest Tenderhearts

My sweet old newfoundland/chow/wolf mix is in renal failure. She turned 15 in December. Having lost Toby to renal failure in September, I know all the signs, including the distinctive foul-smelling breath.

She's having a fairly comfortable day today, and did eat canned food this morning (at this point, she gets whatever she wants).

We going to the vet's tomorrow morning. If you could just keep Biscuit in your prayers, I'd appreciate it. At this point, I'm 99 9/10% sure she won't be coming home. It's getting my head/heart to coordinate, and even if it doesn't, I have to do the right thing by her. Thanks.

Aw, Devon. Give her a big fat smoochie from me, OK, and hug for yourself.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Oh no, I am so sorry DeVon. Not again.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

How awful. I've lost 3 dogs to this awful disease and each case has been different. One went very quickly, the middle one over 12 weeks and the last one over about 2 years. You can only try to treat the dog and not the numbers.

If you have not already done so please visit:

http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/K9KIDNEYS

it is just about the best resource for canine kidney care on the Internet and may offer something that can prolong the quality of Biscuit's life. www.dogaware.com also has some of the latest info on the disease.

There is no blame in letting them go early or late with a disease like CRF. I've always tried to wait until there was actual kidney failure, after not eating anything meaningful for about a week and before the vomiting got too bad and the seizures started.

Prayers for Biscuit and yourself at this difficult time.

Guest Tenderhearts

I appreciate all the kindness and prayers. I truly do.

I feel so beat up emotionally that I'm numb.

This past February 17th marked one year since Pikachu had cancer. She was only 10, and that one completely blindsided me. Then Toby (15) left us in September, followed by Raven (16 1/2) in November.

I will never ever ever have multiple seniors again. My heart just can't take it.

:grouphug I know how hard it is to lose one, but I can't begin to imagine how hard this is. I'm so sorry you have to go through this again.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Sending prayers for Biscuit and hugs to you. You have had a very tough year, but Pikachu, Toby and Raven came to you for a reason. I hope the good memories help heal your heart.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

:grouphug Keeping you in our thoughts, DeVon :grouphug

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--