Frosty Peed On My Bed

Guest FrostyBottoms

Guest FrostyBottoms

angryfire.gifangryfire.gifangryfire.gifangryfire.gifangryfire.gif

DSCN8860.jpg

Yeah...that's her....she's the one who peed in my bed. Of course the first thing I think of is UTI, but this is the ONLY incident except for another time about 1 1/2 years ago when she peed on the bed in the spare room.

In both cases, she liked to sleep on the beds during the day. In the spare room, Vinny would jump up and lay on her so she would always jump off of the bed and go somewhere else. As for my bed, she likes to sleep on in throughout the day and after she goes out after dinner, she runs upstairs and lays on my bed until I go to bed. In the middle of the night, Vinny always jumps up on our bed and sleeps with us...Frosty will not sleep on our bed with us, she will jump up in the morning after Vinny has gone downstairs to cuddle with me. With the exception of the bed situation, Frosty will boss Vinny around when it comes to food & toys. If he is playing too hard, she gives him the business until he drops the toy and lays on his side. So why did she pee on my bed??? Oh and it wasn't a sprinkle...it was soaked...thank God for my feather top thingy, it didn't go through to the mattress.

Is she trying to tell Vinny to stay off of my bed?

Guest earlkattangrey

This might be a longshot, but could this have happened when she was asleep? My dog leaks from her bladder when she is asleep, and the more comfortable she is/more deeply she sleeps, the more likely she is to do it. She does it due to spay incontinence but this can happen to older females as they lose muscle tone in their pelvic floor. Not sure how old your girl is though.

Just a thought.

Guest Greyt_dog_lover

"Usually" marking is not a full bladder emptying thing. Marking will be just a squirt, "usually". I would definitly take the sweet little lady to the vet for a uti check. Also, are you sure it was pee? Maybe she just drank too much water and puked up the water, not that it is any less gross.

Chad

Guest FrostyBottoms

You know Chad....I didn't think about the water thing. It didn't smell like urine actually. I took a wiff.

If it were a UTI wouldn't this have happened more than once? I am home all day with her, she jingles the bell when she wants out.

Guest FrostyBottoms

Does urine ever not smell like urine???

I may have falsely accused Frosty of urinating.....I am in the process of washing all the bedding, I went into the laundry room and smelled the feather topper thing (the only thing left to wash) and I don't smell urine anywhere on it rolleyes.gif Whoops!

Poor Frosty...sorry for ruining your good name. Please forgive me.

Guest brandi007

Sophie has mild incontinence issues and does the same thing to me every once and a while. It's not often enough for me to put her on the medication to fix it (nasty side effects) so I just bought a beautiful waterproof mattress pad and wash it when she has an accident. Maybe Frosty is having the same issues? Apparently it can happen in spayed females.

I always feel bad for Sophie when it happens, she has no idea and doesn't mean too.

Here's a link the mattress pad I bought : http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/61803?page=stain-resistant-waterproof-mattress-pad

It was cheap in comparison to the other ones and you really can't tell that it's on your bed, no crackling noises or anything. I think anyone with pets or kids should get one...haha :)

Good Luck!

Edited by brandi007

Guest earlkattangrey

Sophie has mild incontinence issues and does the same thing to me every once and a while. It's not often enough for me to put her on the medication to fix it (nasty side effects) so I just bought a beautiful waterproof mattress pad and wash it when she has an accident. Maybe Frosty is having the same issues? Apparently it can happen in spayed females.

I always feel bad for Sophie when it happens, she has no idea and doesn't mean too.

My dog has spay incontinence, as it's sometimes referred to, and it's pretty extreme. She would leak any time she slept.

Years ago a former vet put her on PPA (Phenylpropanolamine, brand name Proin) to control this. This drug has been pulled for use in humans because of the risk of stroke. It also causes excitability in canines (and did). I do NOT want to keep my dog on a pharmaceutical like this for life!

However, after I took her off PPA, the problem was 10x worse (leaking while awake, etc), making her dependent on it til I could find an alternative. So I tried some holistic, herbal, homeopathic remedies with limited success.

Then I stumbled across a random breeder's website, small little personal page, who recommended grain free diets for spay incontinence. I gave it a try and was thoroughly AMAZED to see the problem stop ALTOGETHER. If she even gets a regular (grain containing) dog treat at the bank or pet store, she will leak later that day. It is a stark contrast how her body reacts to grain and grain-free food in terms of this problem.

Any time I have the opportunity I spread the word about this, and particularly to vets - and they do not believe me! They give reasons why it must be something else or it's in my head or just really don't seem to hear me (I think I lose them when I mention I tried homeopathy:) ). Only my current vet, who practices both conventional and holistic med, is open to it, and although she is puzzled why it would work, I do know she has recommended it to other clients.

I would highly recommend you give grain free a try!!

In the beginning I wasn't careful to hide my displeasure when I would discover a puddle under her, and even though I never scolded her, she could tell I was displeased. Her shame was overwhelming evident in her body language, and she began to catch herself leaking and licking herself to hide the evidence, poooor leetle baby! I felt so bad that she felt so embarassed!

I have blamed Nike for peeing on my bedroom rug - turned out he has been washing and drooling - leaving a large wet spot. Could this be what Frosty had done on your bed too?

Guest FrostyBottoms

I have blamed Nike for peeing on my bedroom rug - turned out he has been washing and drooling - leaving a large wet spot. Could this be what Frosty had done on your bed too?

Initially that's what I thought it was too, but it was pretty wet to be just her cleaning, it soaked through the comforter, through the blanket & sheets and got the feather top thing pretty wet. I kinda think that Chad was right, I bet she puked up some water.

Guest FreddyGirl

Sophie has mild incontinence issues and does the same thing to me every once and a while. It's not often enough for me to put her on the medication to fix it (nasty side effects) so I just bought a beautiful waterproof mattress pad and wash it when she has an accident. Maybe Frosty is having the same issues? Apparently it can happen in spayed females.I always feel bad for Sophie when it happens, she has no idea and doesn't mean too.Here's a link the mattress pad I bought : http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/61803?page=stain-resistant-waterproof-mattress-padIt was cheap in comparison to the other ones and you really can't tell that it's on your bed, no crackling noises or anything. I think anyone with pets or kids should get one...haha :)Good Luck!

bought my waterproof mattress cover at Bed bath Beyond as I had a cat that did this regularly as her kidheys failed

Now, I ask you, how in the world could that beautiful girl do something like that!!! :eek

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Just a side note about UTI's.

Misty was always getting UTI's because of the skin folds she had, and with all that she had, she never once peed in the house.

Now, stop blaming Frosty!!

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest FrostyBottoms

Just a side note about UTI's.

Misty was always getting UTI's because of the skin folds she had, and with all that she had, she never once peed in the house.

Now, stop blaming Frosty!!

LOL!

I really think now that Frosty did not pee in our bed.

But I really want to get that LLBean mattress cover that Brandi posted. I can't believe how inexpensive it is being it's from LLBean.

Now, I ask you, how in the world could that beautiful girl do something like that!!! eek.gif

Thanks Robin! She is beautiful, isn't she.

Guest oldNELLIE

Just one more thought...last year Nellie had an episode where she was drinking a TON of water. We took her to the vet and could never quite pin down what the problem was but what makes me think of it is that when she was peeing it was nothing but water. It wasn't yellow and it didn't smell. She had a few accidents in the house at the time and then it cleared up.

She was drinking so much that it was impossible not to notice, but her dish is right in the living room. Is there any way Frosty could have just had a water-fest for some reason?

Guest FrostyBottoms

No, no extra water for Frosty. So Nellie's pee was so watered down it didn't smell at all? That must have been a lot of water. Weird that they never figured it out. I am guessing she isn't drinking a ton anymore, right?

Guest oldNELLIE

Yes, it was a ton of water! BUt 2 days of tests and $1000+ we had no answeres and the problem just stopped. We could fill her bowl and she would drink it all, we would fill it again and she would drink it all down again. We had to put 1 cup in at a time so she wouldn't make herself sick. I actually think it was the food she was eating at the time added to the dry heat in our house. Whatever it was though...it is gone now. Silly puppy!

Guest scfilby

Mickey will get into the zone and lick until there is a soppy wet spot. It has been enough to soak through comforters to the mattress pad. At first we thought she was peeing in her sleep until we caught her "creating a spot" by licking her rear leg..

Guest greytmiles

I too had to invest in a waterproof mattress pad right after I brought Miles home. My two kitties were a little less than psyched about their new roommate and were letting me know.... often.

I got a very quiet Queen-sized waterproof mattress pad at Marshalls for $30 and am pretty happy with it. I bet Home Goods and maybe TJMaxx would offer the same.

Just thought I'd throw it out there...

I'm glad it turns out your pup didn't pee afterall!!

Jeannie, I can't believe you're blaming the Gorgeous Frosty for this! How could you?! :omg

She's way to beautiful to do anything that bad! :beatheart

If ArchE sees this, I'm sure he'll fire up his Bee Buster plane & be at your doorsteps in 2 minutes flat, so if you see a buzzing yellow

plane with bees on it & a goofy looking hound with his head hanging out the window, please, don't shoot it down, he's Not

a terrorist, just a boy in lub!! :rofl

Guest FrostyBottoms

Jeannie, I can't believe you're blaming the Gorgeous Frosty for this! How could you?! omg.gif

She's way to beautiful to do anything that bad! beatinghearts.gif

If ArchE sees this, I'm sure he'll fire up his Bee Buster plane & be at your doorsteps in 2 minutes flat, so if you see a buzzing yellow

plane with bees on it & a goofy looking hound with his head hanging out the window, please, don't shoot it down, he's Not

a terrorist, just a boy in lub!! rofl.gif

No fears ArchE! Your Girl isn't in any trouble. But you can still come out and visit in your Bee Buster plane! lol.gif

kiss1.gif that's to ArchE from Frosty.

I have Home Goods, TJ Maxx & a Marshalls close by...I will have to go get one!