Dude's Gonna Be Reeeeeeeaaally Calm

So Dude got TWO - count them TWO!!! doses of Cash's alprazolam tonight.

I fix her morning dose and take it upstairs so I can give it to her about an hour before we actually get up for breakfast - she eats better and is happier when the drugs have taken effect! So I fixed her morning dose in the pill pocket and put it on top of our tiki bar where I've been putting it for weeks now, go into the bathroom for 2 seconds, come out and it's gone. Coulda been Dude, coulda been Toni, they were both standing right there.

Sooooooooo, fixed another one, and STOOPIDLY put it back on top of the bar, turn away and turn back to see Dude doing his African-antelope-eating-a-tree-branch pose getting the dose off the BACK of the bar.

Dude's now had 3mg of xanax. Guess I'm gonna wake up every little while to see if he's OK. Jerk! I'm not overly worried, just feeling like a stupid Momma!

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

See you on Thursday, Dude, when you wake up....eek.gif Sweet Dreams, Buddy.

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Guest Energy11

I have done things like that before, too. Today, Dude is a VERY COOL DUDE! :-) A good friend had one of her greys get into the Ultra Calm, a natural calming agent for dogs. She was fine, but "ultra calm!"

Oh gosh, Chris, do I understand! I remember how horrified I was when I dropped Piper's Phenobarbital and Soloxine and the ball of dog food containing them was grabbed and gobbled up by little 25 lb Winston. :eek Didn't seem to phase him at all and the e-vet (phone call) didn't seem too worried. How's 00 Dude doing today?

--Lucy

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

Guest dobiegrey

Oh God it happens to all of us!!! Last week I turned around to give Jack his Soloxin and like the absentminded professor just opened Betty's mouth and give it to HER instead!!! Stood there like a fool for several seconds looking at her like "ok how do I get THAT back?" well of course I didn't and it didn't effect her at all, just makes you feels "challenged"

Lou

Poor little Dude!

He's basically fine, but veeerrrryyyyy sleepy! And he fell off the bed twice last night! He got lots of sleep and I didn't!

Thanks everyone!

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

:lol I laughed, and laughed when I read this, because I have done the exact same thing, prepared meds for one dog and gave it to another, I SHOULD know better I'm a NURSE for god's sake.

I am so glad you boy is O.K., not laughing at poor Dude