Raisin Bread

Guest luluaz

Unless you have very small dogs (10 lbs) and one could have gotten a handful of raisins, don't worry about it. Raisin or two won't hurt a big dog.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest Energy11

There usually aren't THAT many raisons in one slice of raison bread. I seriously doubt your dogs got many raisons.

Good Luck!

Edited by Energy11

They should be fine. I used to feed a few raisins to Sahara as treats before I knew they were harmful. Her kidney values, etc. are perfect. :)

Rebecca
with Atlas the borzoi, Luna the pyr, and Madison the cat, always missing Sahara(Flyin Tara Lyn) and Coltrane(Blue on By) the greyhounds

The Merck Veterinary Manual says the quantity associated with developing signs ranges from 11-30 grams/kg. For a 30 kg (66 pound) dog, that would be 330-900 grams, or 11.64 ounces. Even if greyhounds were 1/4 that, it'd take almost 3 ounces of raisins to cause problems.

We used to feed our fox terrier grapes now and again when I was a kid. He wouldn't eat them unless they were split open, which was a bit odd considering how he'd eat anything else put in front of him, edible or not.

Coco (Maze Cocodrillo)

Minerva (Kid's Snipper)

Thanks, everyone-

Gave the three pups each a carafate and lunch, so here's hoping there is very little diarrhea :sick

I guess this topic always bears repeating, especially for the newer greyhound/dog owners out there-