Are Enalapril And Enalapril Maleate The Same Thing?

Tracey

I had our vet's office call in a refill for Chase's heart meds and picked them up last night. I got it from Costco instead of Stop and Shop where we previously have done and I noticed when I got home that the bottle read enalapril maleate. In the past, the bottles just said enalapril. Can anyone (umm, Dee!) tell me if these are the same thing before I give Chase any? Not sure if I can reach my vet to ask this weekend. Thanks!

Edited by Tracey

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Guest Energy11

Sorry for the late post. Yes, they are the same thing. Curfew's come from Rite Aid Pharmacy, and yes, they say Enalapril Maleate. How is Chase doing these days?

Many hugs! Dee

Do a google search on enalapril; I just did one, and it gives enalapril maleate as the generic equivalent; so, yeah, it's the same thing!

That's odd because Enalapril itself is a generic

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest FullMetalFrank

Do a google search on enalapril; I just did one, and it gives enalapril maleate as the generic equivalent; so, yeah, it's the same thing!

Yeah; the site I was looking at listed enalapril as the generic for whatever the name brand was, and also called it out as enalapril maleate... How's that for clear as mud?! :lol

Yeah; the site I was looking at listed enalapril as the generic for whatever the name brand was, and also called it out as enalapril maleate... How's that for clear as mud?! :lol

Listen, if the medical profession starts to be too clear, they can't charge the big bucks :lol

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest Energy11

Yeah; the site I was looking at listed enalapril as the generic for whatever the name brand was, and also called it out as enalapril maleate... How's that for clear as mud?! lol.gif

Listen, if the medical profession starts to be too clear, they can't charge the big bucks lol.gif

You've got that right! lol.gifohmy.gif