Prayers For My Goldie ...

Guest Energy11

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots of prayers & we come against anything starting with a C unless its just she's so darn cute her toe hurts. 

It could very well be funky toe disease, my first grey...her toe swelled up, he amputated & sent it off...just a nail infection. She never missed it. Then Brogan, my blue boy, he had a bad toe, amputated it, sent it off, all was fine, he never noticed it was gone until he went to flip one of the dogs off & then he came up blank.

We will not have any C diseases!!!  :angry:

Holding your swwet Goldie close in thoughts and prayers.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Will keep you both tucked tightly in my prayers. grouphug.gif

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

I just wanted to thank you for "speaking up" about palliative care. I've read it in many of your posts, and that is the road Perry and I have been going down the last 3 months.

Kathryn, “Broadway” BW’s Broadway: Shaggy Bessie x Jimbo Red Rose, & "Ellie" Noah's Smelldog: Castor Troy x Mulberry Jade. My Angels "Sidney" Rainier Rapper: Rainier Ranger x Rainier Rapport (09/03/2001-2/26/2012); "Pistol" Tiowa Pistol: Rapido Rambo x My Roz (11/19/1998-8/02/2011); “Perry" Tiowa Perry: Rapido Rambo x My Roz (11/19/1998-6/09/2010); "Jackie" Mjp's Jackie: Joey Flint x Social Robin (6/12/1997-6/20/2008)

Guest Energy11

I just wanted to thank you for "speaking up" about palliative care. I've read it in many of your posts, and that is the road Perry and I have been going down the last 3 months.

I, personally, feel amputation is a very very personal decision, and I am NOT against it. I think it depends on each individual and their dog/cat. Whether we go with just palliative care or we go with amputations, it is what WE think is best for those pets we love, making it, a VERY personal decision.

I am glad Perry is still with you after three months, as well. Perry will let YOU know when it is "time." Sending love to you both! Dee

Guest Energy11

Dee

Many prayers going out for Goldie. Sure hope the the ole gut is wrong!

Jean and Magic

Hey, Jean! I saw you were on here. I tried to send you a PM, but you haven't been here long enough. I think of you and Magic often! Hope you are doing okay. Email me anytime, and thank you for the prayers! Love, Dee

:goodluck

I really really hope you're wrong.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest Energy11

Well, I don't know if it is all the prayers and good thoughts, the Deramaxx, or a combo of both, but she seems GREYT today!! I am still very concerned about the swollen toe and the "knot" on the outisde of the bone, just above her foot. It is a rare location for OS, but dogs can get OS of the toes, feet, and lower bones, not just the larger bones of the legs, and the axial skeleton.

For the time being, I am HOPING for Arthritis, as she is the right age for it, and it too, causes deformaties of the toes, etc., AND, most importantly, how WELL she is responding to the Deramaxx. I do need to get the x-rays done, to be SURE of course. **Just hope she does better than she did last time with the sedation! Takes her a LONG time to come out of it, and she us usually incontinent of urine, poor girl :-(

She sleeps next to me, (I sleep on the floor, dogs have the daybed :-)) I have a nice foam mattress now, though :-)) Goldie actually HOLDS HANDS with me! I love that! I am surrounded by greyhounds at night! DOESN'T get any better! Staggerlee sleeps with DH, and they share the pillows!

Thanks, all of you, for caring, and your good thoughts and prayers! Please keep them coming! Love you! Dee and, of course Miss Tapmar Goldie!

Edited by Energy11

Guest Adrianne

I am ecstatic to hear that Goldie feels better! yay.gifgoodluck.gif Hoping, hoping it will turn out to be arthritis.

She sleeps next to me, (I sleep on the floor, dogs have the daybed :-)) I have a nice foam mattress now, though :-)) Goldie actually HOLDS HANDS with me! I love that! I am surrounded by greyhounds at night! DOESN'T get any better! Staggerlee sleeps with DH, and they share the pillows!

Awwwwww....Wilbur would hold hands with me. If I moved my arm away, he would paw at me until I held it again and rubbed the bottom of his foot between his paw pads.

Guest Energy11

I am ecstatic to hear that Goldie feels better! yay.gifgoodluck.gif Hoping, hoping it will turn out to be arthritis.

Awwwwww....Wilbur would hold hands with me. If I moved my arm away, he would paw at me until I held it again and rubbed the bottom of his foot between his paw pads.

Aww! What sweet dogs these are! I was thinking about you and Wilbur today. Hope you and your family are doing okay! Sending lots and lots of love! Dee ...

sending Goldie and you many good thoughts! :hope :hope :hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway