Prayers For My Goldie ...

Guest Energy11

Guest Energy11

Please see update in Post #75. IT IS ARTHRITIS! :-)))

Hi All.

I hate coming here for this reason.

My Goldie, 9.5, started limping on her back right foot the other day. With all the ice and snow in the run, DH and I thought she'd sprained something. Then, we saw a dead yellow jacket bee on the porch. I treated for swelling with Deramaxx, and possible bee sting, with Benedryl.

Well, three days later, the swelling of the foot is still there, and you can see a swollen area (like a knot) on the outside of the leg, in the "wrist" area. YOU KNOW what I am thinking!

Goldie just saw Dr. Karen in January. Bloodwork ... perfect. Exam, went well, BUT, Dr. Karen pointed out a "funky looking toe." Being 9.5, we blew it off as arthritis.

For about the last four to six weeks, Goldie has been whining a lot. She hasn't been limping, but whining, especially at night. The last week or so, she has snapped at me, just for coming over to her and covering her up. She has also been restless a lot at night. I am "doing the math," and what I am seeing is upsetting, to say the least!

She is NOT in pain now. She is running up and down the handicapped ramp we had built (Thank God), but I do have her on Deramaxx, twice a day, (*with Pepcid AC), for pain and swelling.

She sees Dr. Karen at 2:30 this Monday for x-rays. ***Goldie does NOT do well with sedation (*I asked my former vet/employer for a sedation protocol, as he knows Goldie better). I am PRAYING it is NOT OS, but my gut says it is. "My gut" is usually right. If it is, we don't do amputations, but only palliative care.

Any good thoughts, white light, and prayers, you can send Goldie's way, over the weekend, will be VERY appreciated! She was the second adopted after Energy died, and I am extremely close to her. wub.gif

Many thanks! Dee

Edited by Energy11

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Energy11

Well we don't want your "gut" to be right this time. Special prayers for Goldie that it is just an insect/bee sting/bite.

I HATE my "Gut" sometimes! They always taught us in Paramedic School to "follow our gut feelings ..." I always did, and they were usually right. Darned Gut! Many thanks for your prayers. Goldie was my "hurricane foster" back when we had all of those hurricanes in Florida. She helped Curfew come out of his shell, and she holds my hand when we sleep.

Thinking good thoughts for you and Goldie........

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest mcsheltie

I have to agree my gut feeling is usually right. BUT!... once in a while we misinterpret our gut feelings. Praying this is one of those times!

Plus crossing fingers, toes and eyes for good luck!

Really hoping it is just a sprain!

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Dee, another thought on the gut, and I know you'll get this.

Sometimes, our background and education can cause us to mis-read our gut in cases like this.

Let's hope!

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

I'm really sorry to hear this. I hope it is just a bee sting. I know what you mean about gut feelings I tend to be the same as you and usually right BUT sometimes we can be wrong. Don't worry yourself unnecessarily and put yourself through hell untill you know one way or other. Think possitive thoughts if you can.

Thinking all good things for you and Goldie

Andy

Guest Energy11

Dee, another thought on the gut, and I know you'll get this.

Sometimes, our background and education can cause us to mis-read our gut in cases like this.

Let's hope!

Yes, you ARE right. I remember my first paramedic teacher, saying ... "you will leave here with all this knowledge, but, sometimes, you will WISH you didn't know a thing!" Amen, Sandra, my first medic instructor!

Guest Adrianne

Oh no Dee!!! I am so very sorry to hear this! Of course you have good thoughts, prayers, and white light coming your way. You give so much help and advice every single day, and we appreciate you. Hugs to you and Goldie! Give her a sweet kiss for me.