Upset Belly

Guest fatesrelease

Guest fatesrelease

Hi Everyone! Long time no see...life's been pretty crazy but we haven't forgotten about you!

So I have a question. Sarah has been having some stomach issues for the past month or so and we've been to the vet twice. There was no signs of any obstructions or anything and we tried the bland diet but the vets can't seem to find out what is wrong with her. She goes through periods where she'll be ok and then there will be times where she vomits several times in the day. We haven't changed her food or anything and we still feed her on the same schedule as usual. She never had any problems and this was the first instance we have ever had issues with vomiting...so since I have had no luck with the vet and I hate it that she feels so icky I am coming here for advice from my greyt friends. Hope you can give me some good advice! Thank you!

~Christine & Sarah <3

Guest Energy11

Sorry to hear this.

Maybe you can try adding Pepcid AC (generic is fine) and some plain yogurt to her food. Might just be an issue of too much stomach acid.

Some dogs have to stay on prescription foods, like Science Diet ID canned or Purine EN canned, who have chronic stomach issues.

I'd start with the Pepcid and yogurt, and go from there. Also, maybe few, but smaller meals, as well.

Good Luck!

Guest fatesrelease

I forgot to add when Sarah eats she eats her food fast and I don't think she chews at all. We tried the whole tennis ball in the food thing but it doesn't slow her down very much.

Thanks Energy! My boyfriend Jonathan was thinking it might be stomach acid because it's mostly bile that comes up when she vomits-brown and sometimes that yellow white.

Guest Energy11

Yep, VERY well could be the stomach acid. You can get Generic Pepcid AC at Wal-mart, pretty cheaply. Also, if she is a "gulper," I'd do the smaller meals, a few times a day! Hope this does help! Dee

Guest lovingreys

We had the same issue with one of our greys. We gave her Pepcid AC twice a day for about a week and she's been fine. If this didn't work, the next thing our vet suspected was grain allergy....

If the vomit is mostly bile, then you can try feeding smaller meals and more often -- maybe about 4 times a day or give some snacks during the day/evening.

My current foster vomits in the morning if she goes to bed without her evening "snack" which is some applesauce and yogurt. One of my previous greys would also vomit bile if he did not get his breakfast at the "normal time" in the morning.

If all else fails, change her food to a completely different brand than what you are feeding -- don't just get a different protein, etc. of the same food brand.

One of my pups did it daily, sometimes twice a day for months. We went nuts doing tests etc. etc. Changed his food for other reasons, never happened again.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest fatesrelease

Thank you everyone for your replies it really means a lot! I am going to try a few of your suggestions and see what works! Hope you all have a wonderful day!