Meet Boo!

Guest kiana325

Guest kiana325

I'd like to introduce Boo. He arrived at my mother's house last Wednesday and he came back to Cambridge with me Sunday night.

He enjoyed hanging out in our field:

IMG_0539.jpg

He's a handsome blue brindle boy:

IMG_0555.jpg

According to his trainer he has a bit of an ego:

IMG_0530.jpg

He quickly learned how to snuggle on the couch:

IMG_0576.jpg

And this is how he feels about little dogs:

IMG_0578.jpg

I'm in love and he's been awesome!

I'm going to try to make it to some of the local walks, but I work Sundays so that interferes with the Greyhound Adventure walks. I was wondering if there are any GTers in Cambridge or the nearby towns that would be interested in walking together after work a couple times a week or know of a good fenced location to run. The city is a bit overwhelming to him and I think he'd love to see a greyhound buddy occasionally (I know I would).

Guest gretzky

Greyhound Adventures walks most Sunday mornings at 10:00 at various locations in the Greater Boston area. Lots of hounds and their humans.

Check them out at http://www.greyhoundadventures.org/ . Sorry if it doesn't work. The insert link above apparently doesn't work right for me. It's to far left on the screen for me to see.

Edited to add: Welcome home Boo! You sure are handsome. I hope we get to meet you some time.

Congrats!

Edited by gretzky

Congrats on your addition! Looks like he has made himself right at home! :lol

My group,Greyhound Welfare has a chapter up in the Boston area. You could always attend a meet and greet or two to meet a few people to get together with. I know of one Cambridge volunteer who comes on GT, but most of the other people I know aren't regular GTers.

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

:yay Glad to see you posted here, too! I'm so happy he's doing well with you and your crew. Congrats again!

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Guest kiana325

My group,Greyhound Welfare has a chapter up in the Boston area. You could always attend a meet and greet or two to meet a few people to get together with. I know of one Cambridge volunteer who comes on GT, but most of the other people I know aren't regular GTers.

I was totally thinking that I'd submit an application to volunteer with you guys. The other groups I'm friendly with are quite a hike from me now and I'd like some place a bit more local. I'll have to stop talking about it and just do it!

He's gorgeous!! I love the 2nd picture of Boo. What a beautiful face!

Congrats!! :confetti

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

He is very handsome! Congrats :)

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

I guess I should have gone a little deeper there. DH works in Cambridge, ONTARIO (Canada)!!! While we do love Boston but it's a bit of a drive for a Sunday AM walk!!! Cambridge Ontario is about an hour away from where we live. We only wish Boston was that close too. Thanks (and sorry about that!)

Greyhound Adventures walks most Sunday mornings at 10:00 at various locations in the Greater Boston area. Lots of hounds and their humans.

Check them out at http://www.greyhoundadventures.org/ . Sorry if it doesn't work. The insert link above apparently doesn't work right for me. It's to far left on the screen for me to see.

Edited to add: Welcome home Boo! You sure are handsome. I hope we get to meet you some time.

Congrats!

Hi there! That would be me :colgate. We'd definitely love to join you for any walks. Which part of Cambridge do you live in? We're in between Central, Kendall, and Inman Squares. There's a few greyhounds that live in Cambridge that I see now and again (one of which is usually off leash :yikes ), although I don't see them that regularly. There's definitely some greyhounds in Somerville (another GW person there too). I used to take Lima Bean to the Pacific St. dog park, but they resurfaced it with this awful gravel-like surface so we don't go there any more. We often meet up with a few of other Greyhound Welfare adopters/volunteers to let our dogs run up in a baseball field up in Melrose or sometimes go the Middlesex Fells to walk the trails there. We'd definitely love to have another greyhound join us.

If you're interested volunteering with Greyhound Welfare, definitely let me know! I can tell you about the kind of stuff we're doing. We actually have an open house this sunday over at Diggity Dog (in Union Sq, Somerville), although unfortunately, I won't be able to make that one. We usually have them a couple times a month and often have it at the Cambridge Petco near the Cambridgeside Galleria and also the Cambridge Petsmart over near the Alewife T.

If you ever do get a Sunday off, I definitely recommend joining one of the Greyhound Adventures walks. It's a great group of people and dogs.

Rally, Lima Bean, and for the next little bit, Missy the foster dog with the BIG personality

Lima Bean (formerly Cold B Hi Fi) and her enabler, Rally. ☜We're moving West!

gallery_14681_2997_4088.jpg

Guest kiana325

Hi there! That would be me :colgate. We'd definitely love to join you for any walks. Which part of Cambridge do you live in? We're in between Central, Kendall, and Inman Squares. There's a few greyhounds that live in Cambridge that I see now and again (one of which is usually off leash :yikes ), although I don't see them that regularly. There's definitely some greyhounds in Somerville (another GW person there too). I used to take Lima Bean to the Pacific St. dog park, but they resurfaced it with this awful gravel-like surface so we don't go there any more. We often meet up with a few of other Greyhound Welfare adopters/volunteers to let our dogs run up in a baseball field up in Melrose or sometimes go the Middlesex Fells to walk the trails there. We'd definitely love to have another greyhound join us.

If you're interested volunteering with Greyhound Welfare, definitely let me know! I can tell you about the kind of stuff we're doing. We actually have an open house this sunday over at Diggity Dog (in Union Sq, Somerville), although unfortunately, I won't be able to make that one. We usually have them a couple times a month and often have it at the Cambridge Petco near the Cambridgeside Galleria and also the Cambridge Petsmart over near the Alewife T.

If you ever do get a Sunday off, I definitely recommend joining one of the Greyhound Adventures walks. It's a great group of people and dogs.

Rally, Lima Bean, and for the next little bit, Missy the foster dog with the BIG personality

YAY! Sounds like you're just the person I'm looking for! I'm in Central, just behind city hall. Not too far from you it seems. I've seen a little cow dog girl (I just assumed it's a girl, really not sure) walking around with her person, but I didn't want to accost them, ya know? I was going to check out Pacific St, but I maybe I'll skip that for the moment. Tomorrow morning I'm planning on taking a trip to Danehy Park... went the other night, but it's really too dark after work to figure out where everything is. The field in Melrose sounds perfect though!! And I've taken my shih tzu to the Fells a couple times already, haven't been with Boo yet. I'll have to PM you!

YAY! Sounds like you're just the person I'm looking for! I'm in Central, just behind city hall. Not too far from you it seems. I've seen a little cow dog girl (I just assumed it's a girl, really not sure) walking around with her person, but I didn't want to accost them, ya know? I was going to check out Pacific St, but I maybe I'll skip that for the moment. Tomorrow morning I'm planning on taking a trip to Danehy Park... went the other night, but it's really too dark after work to figure out where everything is. The field in Melrose sounds perfect though!! And I've taken my shih tzu to the Fells a couple times already, haven't been with Boo yet. I'll have to PM you!

Oh you're definitely nearby then :). That could be us you've seen - Lima Bean is a cow-doggie-style girl (white with brindle spots) - and we often walk through Central Sq. You shouldn't worry about accosting us, we love it when people stop to say hi. It's still worth it to check out Pacific St. park, if only to let Boo sniff around without you having to hold his leash. I'll respond to your PM in a bit! (gotta run...).

Lima Bean (formerly Cold B Hi Fi) and her enabler, Rally. ☜We're moving West!

gallery_14681_2997_4088.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to mention Trail Bound Hounds in SE MA on Saturday mornings at 9AM if your available. Another resource but it is a w/e and it is south of Cambridge. Nice to meet you and Boo.

Barbara
Majestic and Ranger

"If you want to hear the patter of little feet I'll put shoes on my dogs."

Guest happygrey

Hi! I'm up on the N. Shore and walk with a couple of houndies up this way a couple of mornings a week. (Usually Mon, Wed, Fri) If you're ever up for a field trip, drop me a line and we can meet up.

It's too bad you can't make the GA walks -- they are really great. Welcome Boo! Where'd you get him?