Dental On Thursday

Guest BleuDog

Guest BleuDog

Wendell, my near 11 year old laddie, will be getting a dental on Thursday morning. Just requesting some good vibes and thoughts for the Black Boy.

He had a Doggie Dentist Consult last week...he has a loose tooth and a toothache. Sure that he will have 2 teeth removed, and maybe more. This will be the last Biggie Dental, due to his age, WE HOPE!

I now the feeling well as my Princess had a dental with extractions (five) last week. Sending lots of good vibes and healing energy to your Wendell for a routine procedure and a speedy recovery. :grouphug

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest ronansmom

I am thinking of getting Ronan's teeth cleaned. He's 7 years old and has the bad teeth and breath associated with greyhounds. He doesn't display any discomfort but I think a cleaning would help him. I am nervous about the anestheia. Any words of advise pro or con?

Guest BleuDog

Wendell lost 7 toofers!!!!! Poor Boy was out for about 2 1/2 hours, had 7 teeth pulled...and then had some bleeding problems....

We ended up staying an extra night in the Big City...the Doggie Dentist wanted us to stay close to the 24hr Emergency Clinic, in case Wendell needed a Blood Transfusion!!! Luck was with us....cold compresses & pressure, and getting to a relaxing place, his blood pressure went down, and he stopped the constant oozzing blood from one extraction site!

Guest BleuDog

Wendell Update:::::Both of us slept all day, Wendell with the occasional pain med added.

Wendell is doing pretty well.....eating well----and enjoying Meat Baby Food warmed-up, and over his 1/2 can of pure Chickeno or Turkey, and by tonight with his regular kibble, all soaked in warm water.

Wendell is at work with me tonight....and dozing nicely!

Thanks for his Well Wishes.....and everyone thinking of a dental....do it before they get too old!!!!!

It does help to have a Doggie Dentist let you holding his head as he came out of LaLa Land....he still had the trach tube down his throat! Wendell was sure Happy to have his Mom's hands and voice surrounding him!!!!

Edited by BleuDog

Sounds like Wendell's dentist is a keeper. I'm glad your boy is recovering well.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest BleuDog

Wendell's Doggie Dentist IS A KEEPER......except for her prices---$2000.00 for this dental!!!!! This is his 4th or 5th Dental with her....He has the 'ole grey Bad Toofers syndrome.'