Cysts

Guest My3GreytBoyz

Guest My3GreytBoyz

I was wondering if anyone has had problems with their greys having cysts between their toes? We thought our guys webbing between his toe was split from the ice and our newest guy stepping on him, but it turns out he has cysts on more than one paw too. It had ruptured and when the other guy stepped on him it sliced the webbing open and one on his back foot had ruptured too. Are these prevalent at certain times of the year? We have had him a year and he had only one cyst on his butt when we got him.

WhiteDeath047.jpg

Guest Energy11

I am new to the "snow thing," having spent 16 LONG HOTT years on Florida. I grew up, in upstate NY, but didn't have greys then.

What you are describing almost sounds like blisters???? I know the deep snow can do somethings to their feet. ME? I would keep an eye on the "bumps/blisters," cover the feet with a toddler sock, and use booties for a while. NICE wrapping job, btw! Good Luck!

Guest My3GreytBoyz

I am new to the "snow thing," having spent 16 LONG HOTT years on Florida. I grew up, in upstate NY, but didn't have greys then.

What you are describing almost sounds like blisters???? I know the deep snow can do somethings to their feet. ME? I would keep an eye on the "bumps/blisters," cover the feet with a toddler sock, and use booties for a while. NICE wrapping job, btw! Good Luck!

I could use some of the Fla weather right now.. Can you send some north??

That was the vets wrapping job..LOL.. Mine doesn't look quite so good. He has stitches so we have to keep something on them and I know he is gonna need booties I am just hoping that through the summer he will be ale to run without them..

Guest Energy11

THANKFULLY, I don't live in Florida anymore! I HATED THAT PLACE! I am in the nice COLD N. Georgia Mountains! :-))

Anyway, I'd probably use toddler socks and booties, until this all heals. I PREFER the booties from They Voyagers. Staggerlee has them for his corns, and always wears them on walks... http://www.k9apparel.com/index.php?manufacturers_id=5 ... Try these. Foot problems are always a "literal pain in the feet :-)"