New To Group - Something Is Wrong With My Boy

Guest designerlabelga

Guest Energy11

WEIRD, but, if he is feeling OK, and is "himself," again, ... ask Kennel Mom said, could have been gas, stomach ache, who knows! Hoping this upswing keeps up! Good Luck!

Guest designerlabelga

Panther Update as of 9:30PST

Panther is back to his normal self - tail wagging, smiling, playing with Simba. It is such a HUGE relief. I will be bringing him in today to the vet - just in case - for a physical and to be looked at for anything I might be missing.

I wanted to thank everyone for your wonderful support and help. As you could tell - I was in duress - I felt so helpless. I kept talking to him asking him to tell me what was wrong - you could see it in his eyes that he wish he could tell me.

Again, THANK YOU, dont know what I would have done without you.

Sherri

It is greyt that he sounds and looks better! He could also be 'out of pain' for the moment or it has subsided a little. These things are difficult to determine even for a vet unless bloodwork or some other diagnostic tool is used. I know two of our pups (non-greys) would get gas in their stomach and would pace and pant and then it would pass. I have not experienced this with our Greys however and would be stressed out like you are. Like many said, it's likely a sign of pain of some form and that means a vet visit unfortunately.

Keep us updated, we'll try to help from afar.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Guest designerlabelga

I am a bit embarrassed - the same night that I started sharing here - I also had shared on my GPA chat - and forgot that I had created an email rule to automatically place emails from them in a special folder. I was wondering why I hadn't heard anything from them - my feelings were a bit hurt. Was feeling a bit abandoned.

I realized I did this just a moment ago and checked the folder and I received wonderful contact information on where to take Panther. There is a place that Joyce McRorie swears by - its a specialty institute and they work with our organization. They accept creditcare which I had applied for yesterday and was granted permission to use it- its like a credit card - but they have it with no interest for a bit providing you the chance to pay it off = and then if you cant the interest is bad - but its something. She suggests going to them instead of taking the risk going to a general practice Vet. Which is why my gut was preventing me from taking him to the vets I had been speaking with - there was just something about them that I felt it would be a waste of money - which no one can afford.

So I feel loved again by my group :)

This is a bit late but I thought I'd share the story. One day my senior grey began behaving oddly with much of the same symptoms of panting/shaking/pacing. It was only on day 3 that I found the source of his anxiety.

It was summer and I had all the windows open in the house. There was a door that leads to the attic that was slightly ajar and whenever the wind blew the door was making a very slight 'thump thump' noise. I hadn't noticed it because I usually have TV or radio on or I'm focused on doing other things. During a quiet moment I heard the teeny tiny noise and saw my dog get visibly upset and begin pacing/panting/shaking. I located the source of the noise and shut the attic door.

My dog made a miraculous recovery almost instantly.

Guest designerlabelga

OMG - that is crazy - but Panther has always been shy and easily scared. He hates the rain, hates lightening and thunder - gets super panicky - and now that you mention it - acts just like he did. The thing that was different the day he acted the worse - I had a couple friends stop by and visit - two different visits. The first visitor - he literally ran away. The second one he warmed up to - but was acting like I described. I will go look around the house - just to make sure nothing is "open/off"

Thanks - wouldnt that just be wonderful if it was as simple as finding a banging window/door.

Sherri