Newell

Guest wdlndgreasil

Guest wdlndgreasil

My heart is breaking right now.

He was must first greyhound and he changed my life forever. He was funny and sweet. He never played with toys. He loved lure coursing but with the feet of a true track dog, was never suited to it. He had more coats and collars than any dog ever needs. I remember taking him for his first icecream. And beaning marshmallows at his head - which he could never catch. And teaching him to eat whipped cream from a can. He used to love eating rib bones in the yard.

He had a root canal done about 6mo after I go him and it made his tongue flop out of the right side of his mouth at times. I remember walking with him down by the waterfront park one day, and people would point and sort of snigger at him. Figured it was because he was a greyhound and the "oh he's skinny" comments - then I caught a glimpse of him in the shop window. He had been walking the whole way with his tongue hanging out!

Not long after I first got him, I took him to a meet n' greet. A little girl came up and said "oh, he's an angel." I was like no, his name isn't Angel, it's Newell. She said no, he's an angel, look. And she pointed at his back. He was white with brindle, and the two brindle patches on his sides came together on his spine and made wings - like an angel.

My heat is breakin now because I never got to say goodbye. Newell went with my ex-husband in our divorce. We fought not over kids or tvs, but over the dogs. And I lost. And I lost Newbs. My ex for whatever reasons wouldn't let me see him anymore. Two weeks ago, I begged again to see him and the answer was no - why do you want to see him - he doesn't need you anymore. I knew Newbs was coming up to his 13th bday and I had a feeling it wouldn't be too long before it was his time. And I never got to say goodbye. And my heart breaks becuase if I had known then what I know now - that that day 1.5yrs ago was the last time I'd ever see him, I would've hugged him longer. He'll always be part of me.

The worst part is my ex didn't even call or text me himself. He texted my BF and I had other people call/email me because he posted it on his facebook. He supposedly just died of old age. I hope he's at peace now - and that I'll see him agian and be able to tell him he's always with me.

post-19368-12662958202068.jpg

post-19368-12662958488724.jpg

I'm so very sorry. :cry1

Godspeed Newell.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I am so sorry for your loss.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Guest longdoglady

It is so hard that you never got to say goodbye but you will get to hug your own special angel again and he will understand, until then store the happy memories of Newell safe in your heart. God bless you. :f_pink

I'm so sorry.

Godspeed, beloved boy.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I am so sorry.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

I am so sorry for your loss.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Guest wdlndgreasil

Thank you all for your kind words. It's like a double whammy - lost the BF's greyhound back in November and now Newell. It's odd because I haven't seen him in forever it seems, but it feels like he just died in my arms. I managed to get through today with minimal crying first thing in the morning -now the tears are forming again.

I keep telling myself - the pain of losing a pet never goes away - it just doesn't hurt as much over time.