Should Have Stuck With The 90% Chance.

Hollis

Main vet called. He's at 95% sure. Dammit. Only way to be 100% sure is to bx and I'm just not sure I want to do that. Tanner PANICS anywhere but home. Why put him thru the stress of the visit, the anesthesia, the bx only to confirm what we already know.

Just........dammit.

He's comfortable. We're having ice cream and marshmallows for dinner.

My sweet angel Tanner-"Showoffs Magic" 79D-82695. DOB 7/22/99. Gotcha Day 6/20/05. Bridge Day 3/11/10. Big Beautiful Brave Angel Norm-"Showoffs Storm" 89B-83263. DOB 8/16/99. Gotcha Day 3/24/06. Bridge Day 4/20/13. Angel Girl Bree-"Breezy Betty" 201A-93631. DOB 2/05/01. Gotcha Day 5/11/10. Bridge Day 10/07/11. She reached the beach.... Maci-"CF's Owhatanite" 44H-29320. DOB 10/05/04. Gotcha Day 10/11/11. Greta-"Greta's Milam" 90B-54582. DOB 9/17/10. Gotcha Day 11/30/12. Bridge Day 03/30/17. Ben-"P Kay Key Train" 63A-61271. DOB 6/2/13. Gotcha Day 12/26/15.

I'm so sorry the news wasn't good. I was hanging on the 10%. Ice cream and mooshies sounds like a perfect dinner to me!

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g240/mtbucket/siggies/Everyday-2.jpgJane - forever servant to the whims and wishes of Maggie (L's Magnolia of JCKC) and Sam the mutt pup.[/b]

She's classy, sassy and a bit smart assy.

Guest bigorangedog

So, so sorry. If they think it might be osteosarcoma, don't do the biopsy. It's painful, and it can cause the bone to break, and it might not give you an additional information. Just make whatever decision you're going to make (amp or pain control) assuming it is OS, and don't put him through the biopsy. And talk to OSU. If there's anything I can do to help in any way, please let me know. Sending tons of hugs...

Guest GryffinSong

I'm so sorry you're going through this. I chose not to do a biopsy on Gryffin for the same reasons others have mentioned. Why put him through it when the confidence is so high that it's osteo. Hugs to you and your hound!

I'm so sorry. :grouphug

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

I am so sorry to read this. Warm hugs being send your way from central New Jersey.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Mooshies and ice cream nod.gif I'm so sorry, Holly. sad1.gif

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.