My Sobe Has Cancer

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sorry to hear this, but I'm glad you have some time to spoil him and build up memories for yourself. I'll be thinking of you both.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

Guest longdoglady

I am so sorry, try to put your heartbreak into a box for now so that Sobe doesn't have too sad a mom for the time you have together, so easy to say but so hard to do. You will know when it is time so until then stay strong and enjoy each and every special moment with him. :grouphug

One of the things I did with Gogh, I took pictures every day, every moment. I had a month with him (osteo). With Dear (HS) I had about 3 weeks, so every moment was taking pictures regardless of how bad he looked. I wasn't so lucky with Bool, his tumor ruptured & he was at the vet for 2 days. Spend as much time with him as possible. Kisses, hugs, massages, strokes...savor the moments.

I'm so sorry. I hope for very many good days filled up with all the love in the world.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Too many of us know the excruciatingly painful road you are on right now. I am so sorry. The diagnosis is such a shock; resulting in an outpouring of "if onlys" and "but what ifs". Ultimately, it robs our babies of the time, energy and emotion they deserve from us during their last precious months, weeks or days. I spent too much time searching for answers after Nikki was diagnosed. At some point during chemo, it dawned on me that the time spent on the computer was taking away precious time I could be spending with her.

You know what to do for your precious boy. He will just love you all the more for it. In the meantime, the power of GT will be here for you, DH and Sobe.

Edited by duncan41

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

I am so sorry. :cry1

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Oh my goodness....THANK YOU GT COMMUNITY! :(:blush I hesitated to post about this because it was just too much... just too personal. :( But then I went for DAYS with nobody but my family knowing..... and I just needed to reach out. So - I did - to YOU- to strangers, basically :blink: .

I just got back on GT tonight, just 2 days later- to see 5 PAGES of responses. :eek That made me cry, before I read any responses. And I'm NOT a cryer!

I've read every single response. And I thank you ALL from the bottom of my heart. Your support means SO MUCH to me. Support from people that KNOW and LOVE these dogs - support from people that have been through this, and support from people that have not.

Thank you ALL...so much. I can't tell you how much your kind words mean to me. I really needed this support right now. Thank you.