My Sobe Has Cancer

I'm so very sorry. We've been there also and it's such a shock when it happens. My heart goes out to you.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest PiagetsMom

I will NOT let him suffer. Right now, he feels a little "off" with a "boo boo".. When he feels differently from that - we're done. I WON'T have him hurting. I won't do that. I owe him better than that. There is no cure for this.

I've asked my DH to make sure that I don't hold onto him to long. DH has agreed - he doesn't want to have Sobe hurt either - and he's promised that he'll tell me it's time...if I'm holding on too long.

I know it's the hardest thing to do, but I truly feel that it's the kindest thing you'll do for this boy that you love so much. I know so many always say that you will know when it's time, but I know that when your heart is involved, holding on too long can and does happen. Better a day too soon, than a day too late - yes, if it's at all possible, we do owe that to them.

You and Sobe will be in my thoughts and prayers grouphug.gif

I was just sick when I read this, especially knowing how little time you have left with him. Please try to relish every moment you have together with him, lock it away in your heart, and he will always be with you. My heart is aching for you right now knowing what is before you.

I'm so sorry to read about this. Cherish the time and enjoy snuggling. We are doing chemo for Bailey right now with fibrosarcoma and I keep second guessing myself if we are doing the right thing. We are spending too much money, she is scared when I take her to drop her off for treatments and she isn't eating well so I wonder if I should have just waited without doing this to her and let her go when she told me she was ready. She's in more of a limbo now, not ready but not happy either.

Go with your heart.

Maureen, Sean, Molly (Garnett Madonna) and Sully (Starz Top Style)

gallery_1382_2909_6961.jpg

Visit LongDog Leather Works for adjustable leather martingales, wrap around leather tag bags, breakaway tag necklaces and cool leather people gear. Check out our Etsy store!

I'm so sorry. :grouphug

And Maureen, you too. :grouphug

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Guest AGirlNamedMe

I'm so sorry for Sobe. And you.

He's lucky to have you to care for him.

And you've been so fortunate to have him in your life.

Gentle hugs for both of you.

I know there is nothing to be said to make you feel the pain any less,I will keep you and Sobe in my thoughts and prayers.

Edited by MyBoys

Guest dramaqueen

I'm sooo sorry for you and Sobe. Keep him close and give him lot os love. There is only so much we humans can do. My prayers are sent your way to try to ease your pain.

Having just lost my beloved Hobbes to hemangiosarcoma in December I truly know what you are going through right now. Believe me even if you had gotten the diagnosis right away it wouldn't have changed anything, this cancer is just so aggressive. I pray you have many good days left with him to spoil him rotten and shower him with love.

If you ever want to talk don't hesitate to contact me. I know the support I received from GT after Hobbes diagnosis helped get me through so much.

Hobbes-Ricard Hatch09/23/99-12/21/09 Always loved, never forgotten. Wally TNJ Boy Howdy, GLS Genuinerisk Corinna

:cry1 I'm so sorry...how heartbreaking :( I'm speechless, so, :grouphug

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Guest trevdog

I'm so sorry....I know how you are feeling. But like others have said this is one form of cancer that you really can't do much to help and sometimes it doesn't show up until it's progressed too much. Spoil him rotten...