Feeling Guilty

Ok, lemme see how to put this. We often work at home, so we are here with the dogs a lot. We take them for walks, rides in the car every day, and to the dog park often. But still, they want more! Every time i put shoes on, or a jacket on, or make any move, they fly off the couch and run to the front door and go nuts. I feel bad. I can't do something fun with them every minute; i have to get work done. I am happy to play with them any time, but they don't want this, they want to GO somewhere. does anyone else have this experience??

ps. a siren just went by and they both started rooing!!

2rqyqhd.jpg

Guest happygrey

Ok, lemme see how to put this. We often work at home, so we are here with the dogs a lot. We take them for walks, rides in the car every day, and to the dog park often. But still, they want more! Every time i put shoes on, or a jacket on, or make any move, they fly off the couch and run to the front door and go nuts. I feel bad. I can't do something fun with them every minute; i have to get work done. I am happy to play with them any time, but they don't want this, they want to GO somewhere. does anyone else have this experience??

ps. a siren just went by and they both started rooing!!

Well, we've only had ours for a short time but we are experiencing this, too. We refer to ourselves as "velcro owners" since we are both home all day. I think it's probably accelerated our bonding with him (and vice versa) but it's been murder on getting anything done around here! :lol

And I am somewhat apprehensive about what he will be like when he's finally left alone. :unsure

OH yes. We have this. We basically never go anywhere without them. Because we both work, we spend as much time on the weekends as we can.

But when we are getting ready to leave on the weekend, they are insane- they KNOW we are ALL going to do something. they don't care what it is as long as we are all together! :blush

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest TheUnrulyHound

Stepper knows what "post office" means :) that is the only time anyone gets to go with me because I am away from the car for only about 3-5 minutes. Stepper seems to have the best guilt trip look, he makes my heart ACHE when I am not going to the post!!!

I don't know when the last time was that I was able to put my shoes on without 12 dog feet around me with 8 of them bouncing around like crazy.

I now sneak my shoes to someplace nobody can see me and they still figure it out and come running - or I put them on while they are outside.

Jet knows "sorry, you aren't coming this time" and then she heads back where she came from.

Guest PhillyPups

When I get the muzzles over my wrist, they all know they are not going, so they stay laying wherever they are sleeping and lift their heads towards me so I can put them on. Otherwise just getting up and walking to the kitchen, let alone towards the leashes and all he77 breaks loose. It is nuts when I come back in (even if it is just taking the trash to the curb) and I love my welcoming committee. :wub:

Well - my dogs would think that YOUR house was DOG-Heaven! :lol We both work away from home full time, and in the winter - real "walks" are few and far between.

But yes- every time I walk in the door - they think it's suppertime, and every time I go OUT the door - it's a party. And god forbid I pick up a leash! Or my own belt, that makes a sound LIKE a leash! Geesh - I get mugged putting my pants on sometime! :lol

Right now when I get out a leash, it's mostly to take my very sick grey to the vet, which he HATES - but all the dogs go bonkers like I'm taking him to some wonderful PARTY!!! :blink:

Normal stuff. Nothing at all to feel guilty about. Just a PITA to put your shoes on sometimes with all that "help" and "enthusiasm"! :unsure