Hi!

Guest FlirtyMyrtle

Guest FlirtyMyrtle

Hi, as I'm new here I thought I'd better introduce myself and thank the helpdesk for setting up my account!

Firstly I must say that I don't own an ex-racing grey. However I do own one lurcher and one mongrel who both have very high prey drives! Dan is a 6 yr old rescue of unknown breed, though he does try very hard to be a sighthound and Myrtle is probably 1/4 border collie, 1/4 bearded collie and 1/2 grey. She is 2 1/2 yrs old and is also a rescue. Her history is that her and her litter mates were dumped at about 6 weeks old in Ireland where they were rescued by an English lady (in Ireland they automatically put any dog unclaimed after 7 days to sleep). They all had severe Kennel Cough and unfortunately one boy didn't make it. She then spent the next 10 weeks in a foster home and when we brought her home at about 16 weeks she had had little contact with people as she was kept mainly wih her litter mates. Consequently she is very dog orientated!

Dan is very fearful of strangers and other dogs which he shows by barking and growling and generally looking nasty! We have worked on this since we got him at 18 months old and I think he's about as confident as he's going to get now. I compete at Agility with both my dogs and it has worked wonders for Dan's confidence in particular.

I found this website after following Xan's art blog and have been avidly reading it for a while, so although she doesn't know it, thanks Xan!

Jo

Hi and welcome from Bedfordshire, although a frequent visitor to Hampshire

Guest FlirtyMyrtle

Just thought I'd post some pics so you can see who I'm talking about!

This is Myrtle the Lurcher

Myrtle2.jpg

This is Dan doing agility

danweaves.jpg

This is Myrtle actually managing to do agility!

Myrtlejumps.jpg

And finally Dan

DanMyrtle.jpg