Elsie's 1St Acupuncture

RobinM

OY- she was a nervous wreck but all in all she did well. We have our next appointment next Friday.

Doc wants to do VOM chiropractic on her. I want to do reading on it.

Anyone do it? results?

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Robin, I just did a little bit of reading about this (http://www.vomtech.com/whatis.htm), and I'm not sure I'd take my greyhound to have this done. Have you ever gone to a chiropractor yourself? If they've ever used a thing called an "activator" on you, that's what this VOM is. It's a spring loaded thing that my chiro uses on me sometimes, but on occasion I have bruises from it afterward. Here's what it looks like:

act2.jpg

Do you have a "regular" veterinary chiro in your area? They use their fingers and hands to manipulate joints...this VOM stuff, while it probably works well in some cases, doesn't sound like something I'd want to be pushing on poor little Elsie...seems like too much force, know what I mean?

Interested to see other opinions/experiences.

Edited by krissn333

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

that's exactly what it looked like. He said it was not as aggressive as the manual adjustments. I believe Bobbi- Freddygirls, 11 year old GH just had that done today.

this is what I read about it.

http://www.vomtech.com/whatis.htm

this is about the device.

http://www.vomtech.com/device.htm

eta- I just saw that we looked at the same website! ;)

Edited by RobinM

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Oh really...that's interesting. Maybe the particular type of instrument they use on pets isn't as forceful? That dang thing hurts me almost every time. Though, if I stop to think about it, I usually feel better (aside from the bruises) afterward.

Hopefully someone that's had it done on their pup will chime in!

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

Nancy is that what the VOMinator looked liked!?!?! :blink:

It must not be as forceful as the one they use on people...she uses it on my shoulders and OW!

Go for it then! I hope it helps Elsie...it does sound interesting :nod

Honestly, I think any kind of chiropractic type manipulation will do a LOT more for her than acupuncture alone would (JMHO)...especially the older girls...if they've had pups, their hips go out easily, and regular chiropractic has done WONDERS for some of our broodies once they retire from momma duty :)

That's not to say that acupuncture isn't helpful...I just happen to personally believe that it helps more as an addition to manipulation.