Bobbi- Hind End Weakness

Guest FreddyGirl

Guest FreddyGirl

Thanks Holly. It's off to bed after one more walkie with Bobbi. Just when you think she won't eat, she ate a hoofie with a small can of Prescription a/d, rich in calories. God, do I love this old girlie. She did exactly what her mommy needed her to do. Boy, am I lucky tonight. she also lapped up about 1/2c. of dyne. So, Bobbi got a pretty good amount of real food into her today.

thankful, thankful, thankful.

ETread: A/D food

Edited by FreddyGirl

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest FreddyGirl

11AM, she's actually eating another hoofie with her used to be favorite canned Evo 95% beef. THANK GOODNESS for small miracles and the power and advice of Auntie Robin.

Having had 2 very sick dogs not wanting to eat- you have to really think about ways of tricking them into eating. With Beau- it was using the same food in a kong and the frozen wet food in a hoofie. He saw that as a treat and would eat it. same food in a bowl- he wouldn't touch. When every ounce counted between life and death for him, you can be sure, whatever it took- I was going to do everything possible.

With Polli- she loved to hear me sing "you are so beautiful to me". :blush As crazy as that sounded, my little firecracker would eat to no end with that and the chicky song.

So... unfortunately for me, I have had to be where you are now. And I am so happy she is eating something good for her!

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest FreddyGirl

so, Monday:

She's definately feeling better, greeted me at the door when I got home from work with a stuffie. And as we speak, she is eating canned food from a hoofie that she would in the past had "nothing" to do with. Kids. They make liars out of you.

So, I'm keeping her quiet and it is starting to work. I DO understand that this could take 4-6 weeks or more. Will speak with vet to see if she can have accupuncture again this Saturday.

so, Monday:

She's definately feeling better, greeted me at the door when I got home from work with a stuffie. And as we speak, she is eating canned food from a hoofie that she would in the past had "nothing" to do with. Kids. They make liars out of you.

So, I'm keeping her quiet and it is starting to work. I DO understand that this could take 4-6 weeks or more. Will speak with vet to see if she can have accupuncture again this Saturday.

I would hold off onthe acupunture. but that's just me.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Guest FreddyGirl

Bobbi had her 2nd accupuncture treatment today. She has lost a total of 3 pounds since this all started. She does continue to eat chicken, as well as canned food though, in a cow hoof. When needed, I supplement with milk bones, dried lamb lungs and vanilla ice cream.

Noticeable is the muscle atrophy in her front left leg. Xrays of left front shoulder sent to Cornell indicate NO cancer. The bone growth, and resulting arthritis, appear to be the

culprit, throwing off her gait and thus, having compressed the discs.

She has one more dose of pred tomorrow and weaned off. Deramaxx will continue, as well as Tramodol, when needed.

Bobbi continues to improve. Her sweet personality and alert demeanor are back. I was so afraid last week that I was losing her. From this point, I try to "fatten her up" those 3 lbs that she lost, love her, walk her on grass (when and if the freaking snow gets out of here), keep up with Omega 3-6-9 tablets, liquid glucosamine, lots of TLC and away from annoying brothers who are like "bulls in a china closet."

Thanks for all of your kind thoughts, suggestions and prayers. They are working. :yay

Nancy

Guest bluefawn

Hi Nancy! Just reading this thread from the beginning. I am so happy to hear that Bobbi is doing much better!! GT people are sooooo supportive, and helped me get through my "episode" and subsequent misdiagnosis on Penny. I believe that prayer does work!! Penny was also limping, screaming, and knuckling. Poor thing - she would not eat either. I finally got her to eat peanut butter for protein, and she would eat a little canned food (the GOOD stuff :) when I fed her with a spoon. I tried to stay away from milk products, because they tend to cause gas, etc. She also has old injuries and that is what I thought caused her pain. She was diagnosed with a tumor on her spine, which was totally wrong! t is now 3 weeks later and she is back to her old sassy self! Isn't it amazing what prayers can do :)) We will keep Miss Bobbi in our prayers! I am so glad she is feeling better. She might like some Frosty Paws since she likes ice cream :))

I also like my green tea (no sweetener, etc.), and I have been putting the last couple of ounces in her bowl. She loves it and laps it up! I also stick a pin in a couple of fish oil capsules, one in the am and one pm, to put on her food. You are so spot on in getting any kind of good stuff into Bobbi that you can. WTG Nancy! Don't we love our babies?? :))

I also did a lot of research on the internet about dog foods and boy, was I shocked!! I just started Penny on the Wellness food, which is holistic and no corn or other additives in it. It's full of real meat, veggies, and fruits. It costs more, but I wish I had known about this years ago! Even though she is 12 now, it is not too late to start getting her on some really good food!

I will be following this thread to see how Bobbi does. Much love (and wet kisses from Miss Penny :) Keep us posted!

Karen and Penny

Guest FreddyGirl

Karen,

I agree with you about the milk products, but, she won't eat Frosty Paws, with her selective palate, LOL. today, she's eaten MANY chicken sticks, dehydrated tenders. It's day by day. Just trying everything imaginable. I also read your thread with Penny, what an amazing story. :yay

Nancy

PS- Bobbi eats Innova Evo 95% beef, no grain. She loves it,just starting eating Blue Wilderness Chicken & Turkey, both high end. I can NOT begin to tell you what I've spent on high end canned food for her in the last 2.5 years when I adopted her, I don't want to know..........

Edited by FreddyGirl

She looked really good today, althought a bit on the svelt side. Alert, moving well and being more of Bobbi.

It was a fun day. Crazy BIOTCH Chloe had a blast!

Guest FreddyGirl

She looked really good today, althought a bit on the svelt side. Alert, moving well and being more of Bobbi.

It was a fun day. Crazy BIOTCH Chloe had a blast!

Look how sturdy she was, svelte girl that she is...

CSC_1733.jpg

A few more characters that I found in my yard today%$^&(*$#%^*)(

DSC_1728.jpg

DSC_1730.jpg