Such A Failed Foster

Guest My3GreytBoyz

Guest My3GreytBoyz

Last April we adopted our first greyhound, who I fell for at the Greater Cincinnati Pet expo. Since then we have fostered 6, and kept 2 more as ours. Failing at fostering seems to be what we do. Our first guys is now 4 and still a bit reserved but warming up everyday.Our second hound , who was our second foster, was only 2 years old when he came off the track and it would not surprise me if he fell asleep or started chasing his tail half way through a race. I am so very happy, he is our baby. Just last week we adopted our last foster who is three and simply spent too long with us and we could not let him leave our house. The boys all mesh well and rule the roost here. I have never met a breed as sweet and loving as these guys. We may not have room to foster anymore but we are still active in our local rescue,going to meet n greets and taking our guys out as much as we can to show the world what wonderful dogs we are.

Guest happygrey

Last April we adopted our first greyhound, who I fell for at the Greater Cincinnati Pet expo. Since then we have fostered 6, and kept 2 more as ours. Failing at fostering seems to be what we do. Our first guys is now 4 and still a bit reserved but warming up everyday.Our second hound , who was our second foster, was only 2 years old when he came off the track and it would not surprise me if he fell asleep or started chasing his tail half way through a race. I am so very happy, he is our baby. Just last week we adopted our last foster who is three and simply spent too long with us and we could not let him leave our house. The boys all mesh well and rule the roost here. I have never met a breed as sweet and loving as these guys. We may not have room to foster anymore but we are still active in our local rescue,going to meet n greets and taking our guys out as much as we can to show the world what wonderful dogs we are.

What a greyt story! :colgate I have just one new grey and hope to fail at fostering sometime in the not so far off future.

Guest EmilyandSioux

I think we all fall in love with these guys and we have them thru their roughest adjustment periiods. It is hard to say good bye. We always try to get our friends and neighbors to take ours and it makes it a little easier. We had a coon hound have 11 puppies from a shelter the week after Hurricane Ike hit. That was 16 months ago we still have mom and daughter. They were just too cute and bonded to seperate them. Fostering is never a failure it is always a success in that these guys get good homes and have a much better life than before they found you. This is a labor of love and you are helping save lives by fostering. This allows a hound to learn the finer points of being in a house and that leads to a higher adoption rate.