Rascal Had A Dental Today....

When it rains it pours lately.

Rascal will be leaving 12 of her teeth with the vet. :eek They said they were mostly little teeth, and all came out easily--no digging. A side benefit is that her breath is a lot better, the tech said. :thumbs-up

At least now ALL of our pets have clean teeth. Jack had a dental when he was neutered, at the end of November....Daisy the cat had a dental in January, as did Ruby (who lost 6 teeth). We have been hit hard with the vet bills but at least they are all done for awhile!!

Phoebe (Belle's Sweetpea) adopted 9/2/13.

Jack (BTR Captain Jack) 9/28/05--11/2/12
Always missing Buddy, Ruby, and Rascal.

Guest BlackandBrindle

I'm glad Rascal came through her dental with no issues!

Also glad that your gang is done with major medical, barring anything unforseen.

Glad Rascal is doing well. I can relate to vet bills. Boy, can I ever! ;)

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Oh, Rascal, everyone would love you if you were totally toothless!

Seriously, glad she did well, even if it meant losing all those teeth. Give her a hug!

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Believe it or not, they gave me the teeth! And WOW, I never imagined that some of them have such long roots---even the little front ones, of which she lost three on the bottom and four on the top. Now I know why they give you pain meds for them. :( A dear friend suggested that, if I had Ruby's teeth, too, I could make myself a nice little necklace. :rolleyes: You know, sort of like a shark teeth necklace. :lol

She took her pills this morning (antibiotic and pain) in a chicken liver brownie, and ate a small breakfast. I only gave her 1/2 her normal portion. She seems to be feeling pretty good this morning (must be, if she actually ate! She's a picky eater and not crazy about breakfast half the time), although her mouth looks a bit swollen. Poor baby. She's officially missing more teeth than Ruby now: 14 altogether, whereas Ruby is missing 10.

Oh, I'm sorry to say, the Tooth Fairy did not come last night. Poor Rascal. :rolleyes:

Phoebe (Belle's Sweetpea) adopted 9/2/13.

Jack (BTR Captain Jack) 9/28/05--11/2/12
Always missing Buddy, Ruby, and Rascal.

Yeah! Glad it is over. Samlur got his dental free for being a "Blood Donor." I did have to pay for the extraction, pain meds, antibiotic and the tooth xray, but even received a discount on that. :colgate Yes, they gave me the tooth. 1 1/2 inches long minus whatever had broken off the top.

Edited by beledi

"Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the day comes God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man."

Persian Proverb