Pearl

MP_the4pack

Guest 3greysinPA

I'm so very sorry...

It was very clear how much you loved her and how much she loved you...

Your tribute is beautiful... :grouphug

f_yellow Run Free Pearl; f_yellow God Speed to the Bridge f_yellow

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Adrianne

She was so beautiful. I am so very sorry for your loss. I followed Pearl's story from the beginning and shared your joy and hope with the good and your anguish with the bad. I know what a horribly difficult time this is for you. Please know you're in my thoughts and prayers every day. flowers_white.gif

I was so sad to see her name....you two had a bond that was so special. I'm so sorry.

siggie50_1.jpg

Blair, Stella (DND Heather), Lizzie (M's Deadra), Hitch (Hallo Dominant) and House (Mac's Dr. House)

Missing my handsome men Lewis (Vs Lowrider) - 11/11/01 - 3/11/09, Kevin (Dakota's Hi Five) - 1/1/06 - 4/18/11 and my cat, Sparkle Baby - ??/??/96 - 4/23/11

"The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is, in fact, the most precious and valuable possession of mankind." (Theodorus Gaza)

She was exceptional, wasn't she? This time since her diagnosis has been so hard, as you endured the ups and downs, always together. And now with the snow that she loved all around you, there must be such a huge empty space in your heart. But one look at that last picture makes it clear that you have such precious memories of Pearl to cherish.

Mary Pat, I'm so sorry you lost your special girl.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Guest Ruby2sday

I've been putting this off long enough. I guess I'd better get this done.

I lost my Pearl after many years of fighting heart disease and hypertension, to that insidious disease we collectively know as cancer last Friday.

It was an incredibly fast growing cancer. Fibrosarcoma. Multiple liver tumors were measured at 20 cm. in less than 2 weeks after splenectomy surgery in which they were undetected.

I still have three girls, Onyx, the old lady at 14, Diamond, Pearl's sister who lost her leg to OS just 3 months ago, and Opal, the 5 yr old. As much as I hate to say it, the three of them put together can't fill Pearl's paws.

Pearl was my heart and soul. She forced me to overcome my grief at the loss of Brindle 8 yrs ago. She'd been with me only 3 weeks at that time. And there was no grieving if she had any say in the matter.

Pearlsofa.jpg

She was the goofball Topaz was. I had lost Topaz 2 yrs earlier and she was the reason I adopted Pearl. I needed a white/black goofy girl.

Here she's leaping onto the bed.

pearlleaping.jpg

She was diagnosed with heart disease the next year and hypertension a year or two after that. But no one could ever tell that she was the "sick" one in my pack. She was the most active of the four of them. Only me and her doctors knew.

She played fetch. Always returning the stuffie to me to throw again.

She was a southpaw. Yup....dogs are left handed or right handed just like people. And she was left handed.

She played yoo-hoo. (the canine version of hide and go seek).

She gave me hugs. Big hugs.

She smiled. It was a little smile, crooked, that I said was an Elvis smile. (4 of the 6 greys I've owned smiled that toothy grin that looks like a snarl)

She played a mean tug-o-war with me, Opal or both of us in a three way tug.

She always sounded like she was going to kill her sister when they played. But she growled like that only with her sister (Diamond) and it was just play.

She would greet me with a high pitched squeal when I came home from work (God I'm going to miss that).

pearlsofa-1.jpg

She snuggled on the couch with me. She slept in bed with me. If I was in my office, she was there.

Pearlsnuggle.jpg

There's no one here in the office with me now as I write this. There was no one on the sofa or bed last night.

She would never let me put on my coat without asking "can I come too?" I put on my coat yesterday to shovel snow. No one knew I left the house.

And.....she loved the snow. She missed the big storms this week. (it figures)

Pearlsnow-1.jpg

If I needed to get Pearl into the car alone (like to take her for her BP exam) all I had to do was give her "the look" and she would sneak to the door leading to the car. She LOVED the car and having solo rides with her Momma.

I feel like I'm dogless now. I so need a hug.

Pearlhug.jpg

Goodbye my baby. Momma misses you SO MUCH!

057_Parkhill.jpg

I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful, beloved Pearl.

:grouphug:f_pink:f_pink

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Guest Ruby2sday

I've seen Pearl in action (the silly thing) and I've experienced her hugs. Indeed, she was a very special little Greyhound and she fought hard to stay with you. Godspeed, sweet Pearl. [Look out bunnies -- she's on her way!!!]

"Throughout our lives we are sent precious souls meant to share our journey. However brief or lasting their stay, they remind us of why we are here."

Yvonne :gh_runner

I'm so sorry for your loss of Pearl. She was a beautiful girl and it was evident how much she was loved.

Godspeed Pearl, may you run free with the wind at the Bridge.

:f_red

blackgreys5.jpg

, Phoenix, Okie, Casey, and Ellie the Galga; with Aggie, Alexa, Bear,Cody, Gianni V., Missy B, Babette, Bernice, and BooBoo at the Bridge

I am so sorry to hear you had to let Pearl go...what a beautiful tribute...your words were so poignant.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

My heart is breaking for you. That was a very moving and lovely tribute to a special girl. Thanks for sharing her specialness! You are in my prayers. Be open minded and maybe she'll send you a sign. Heart dog love is very strong and it will be with you always. She will be with you always, death is not the end.

Pearl maybe you could send your Mom a sign?

flowers_red.gifghrunner.gifflowers_red.gif

Guest dramaqueen

I am so sorry you lost your Pearl. They leave behind this empty hole in your heart. I loved the picture of you & Pearl on the beach in CG desk calendar & I showed my co-worker how cute Pearl was sitting & today a shock as I saw her picture on the site & said I recognize that grey & it was you and Pearl. What a great girl may she rest peacefully

I am so very sorry for your loss. Pearl sounds like she was an exceptional girl . How wonderful that you had such a special relationship. Makes it so hard to lose & live without them. grouphug.gif Godspeed Pearl! flowers_yellow.gif

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis