Charlotte Lost A Nail

Guest FastDogsOwnMe

Guest FastDogsOwnMe

So this morning Charlotte was licking her paw. This is unlike her, so I reached over (she was in bed beside me) and looked at her foot. Sure enough, one of her nails is GONE! But there is no bleeding, no swelling, no sign of infection, nothing. Just pink skin, and no nail. I am puzzled! That nail had obviously been torn out in her past, as it was a tiny little nub as it was. She could have loosened it while lure coursing Sunday, but it sure didn't come out that day. I checked all six of my hounds (Whippet included) both on the field and later that night as well. I just think that's super weird. I would have expected some blood at least!

Well, I've only been out there a couple of times as I don't run NOTRA.

It is the practice track for all the dogs running at OP, so, I'm assuming the track is fine. There's not much out there...just a fenced field.

Chris can tell you more about it, if he happens to pop back in. :)

Guest TheDoggfather

Figured it'd be at our training track... didn't know ya'll would be getting going already. It's the same track that superstars Take It Over, FTH keystone Cop and Count Ivan work at... so it'll be fine ;)

Guest wmlcml6

I am going to our farm this weekend to play with the dogs out there, so will try to stop by the NOTRA event for a bit. I enjoy watching the other breeds race on our track. I'll wear either an FTH shirt or B&J Racing shirt so say "Hi" if you see me. :-)