Another Uti & Considering Surgery ... Vulvar Tuck Or Episioplasty

Guest eaglflyt

"A bit" overwhelmed?!

I'm so sorry for your loss of little Lily. That is hard. I know how fast the little ones can move when they're determined. Godspeed, sweetie pie.

Sending lots of prayers for Ellie, and for Ady Bea too.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest eaglflyt

Thanks, Batmom!

We just picked up a prescription of Clavamox for Ady Bea. They are following Ellie with us. We will have another office visit this week.

Guest Mom2aDog

My golden (10 Yrs) had her vulvaplasty 17 days ago and all went very well and she healed beautifully. I'm so glad I had it done and would not hesitate to go this route again if I had another dog that needed the correction. Hopefully that will be the end of the UTIs. She had a lot of loose skin and folds, and her surgeon said it was one of the worst cases he'd seen and she was a great candidate for the procedure. Her discomfort was well-managed with pain and anti-inflammatory meds and she was perky within a day or 2 after the surgery. Very very happy with her outcome. The most painful part was paying the bill, of course. No one gives the owner morphine when it's time to pay the bill. ;) $1,080 total for her surgery.

Guest eaglflyt

Thank you so much for posting about your girl's results. I'm so glad she's recovered and doing well. I hope it's the last of her UTIs, too.

Ady Bea's surgery is scheduled for this Wednesday, the 24th. I've been getting quite apprehensive about her upcoming surgery, so your post is coming just at the right time. I know we need to have it done because in spite of our best efforts, she keeps getting recurring vaginitis and UTIs.

Give your girl a hug and tell her that she's helped another girl about to have the same surgery. ; )