Not Eating Or Drinking

Guest amour

My boy is a very shy one! He is used to a quiet house wth just DH and me.Went to granddaughter's ist birthday out of town--lots of noise, people, commossion.

My boy was fine when we left on Frid morning (came back the next day). He has not eaten or drank anything since yesterday morning.Coaxing doesn't work--flavored water with Gatorade, tried beef stock flavored water, nothing. Could this be from him being overly stressed from this trip? When should I start to worry. :unsure

Guest Energy11

I would say, most likely, yes, it COULD be from all the commotion and stress. When Curfew was first adopted, he HATED anything from the outside. He woudln't leave my bedroom for the first six months with me, except to potty.

I'd say, if your boy doesn't rally by tomorrow, I'd get him looked at, but for now, maybe he is just trying to get over it all. Too many kids, including MY OWN grandkids, can do this to me also! lol.gif Just NOT a kid person, I guess.

Maybe try his favorite treats????? Good luck and lots of love!

Guest LindsaySF

He could just be stressed. Did you try canned food or some 'people food' like meat?

I would leave his water out for him, he might sneak a drink when you aren't looking.

Is he still peeing and pooping?

Guest Energy11

Thank you all. It took 3 days of flavoring his food and ware with chicken stock but now he's back to normal self. colgate.gif

AWESOME NEWS! Just see what STRESS can do! I mean, look at we humans, when it comes to stress! Some of eat too much. Some of us, sleep too much. Some of us cannot eat, etc., etc., etc. Why should sensitive dogs like greyhounds be any different, right?

Happy all is well in your world! :-)