Our Sweet Annie Is Gone...

Guest SkipperAnnie

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Guest SkipperAnnie

Well, its been almost a month and pain has not lessened...I'm starting to wonder if it will? I'm thinking about finding someone to talk to...I can't really handle this anymore...has anyone else sought outside help? I feel foolish, but the pain is getting worse, not better.......

Do not feel foolish...you are grieving. Many of us have been where you are now and we understand. By all means if you need someone to talk to find someone. Annie was your baby and the loss is painful. And if you wish to write more, we are here for you.

Grief is so unpredictable. But it is real. I also felt I needed a grief counsellor but it was a weekend. I cried on many of my friends shoulders (only those who would understand the pain of losing a companion though).

Perhaps this thread may help Grief

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Many of us have experienced the same thing. They are so much a part of us that they will be with us always-even after they cross over. In my case Slim crossed over in 2006 and I think about him all the time and probably will forever. After a year of very intense sometimes devastating grieving I learned and accepted that he was OK, that only his body died-that my Slim was actually a spirit that happenned to have resided in a greyhound body and that just because the body died didn't mean he did. God told me that after much prayer. Since then I have learned that he is still with me and we can move forward together-just like we always did-when he was here in body. He continues to teach me as my Spirit Guide and I don't have the terrible pain of loss anymore because he is with me still. Be openminded and perhaps you will notice if Annie sends you "a sign". The heart KNOWS what the mind can't understand. It is not necessary or possible to completely understand everything. I hope I didn't offend you as I realize this may be a stretch for some folks but I just wanted to share my experience, strength and hope. I understand. I know. You are in my prayers.

Edited by racindog

I'm so sorry for your loss. Annie was beautiful & well loved. Godspeed Annie! flowers_yellow.gif

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Very sorry for your loss. What a sweet, loving face. She left knowing how much she was loved. Run free sweet girl.

VPCTshirtLogo3-1-1.jpg

petblink7.gifpetblink63.gif

"Speak your mind - even if your voice shakes" - Maggie Kuhn

"It's better to be hated for who you are, than loved for who you are not" - Unknown

"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says "Oh Crap. She's up." - Unknown

Guest jeannejj

I am so sorry for your loss of Annie. She was beautiful and well loved. She was lucky to have your love and you are lucky to have the memories. In time those memories will bring peace to your heart.

f_yellow f_yellow f_yellow f_yellow

Guest SkipperAnnie

Oh, I am so sorry. :( Sweet Annie ... you can tell she was sweet by her face. You did right by her - I can tell you loved her enormously, just as a greyhound deserves to be loved. She must have had a great life with you. :bighug

Thank you for saying that...I'm sitting here in the dark crying my eyes out reading this...I don't know why misery likes company, but knowing others have gone through this helps as does reading everyone's kind comments.

I am so sorry...I found GT to be a greyt source of comfort and support when we recently let Bailey go. I hope you can find the same. She is so beautiful and obviously well loved. She may be gone but will remain in your heart forever.

Oh your sweet Bailey! I read your posting and was bawling before the first sentence was done. I am so sorry...

i guess we are walking down the same miserable path in life right now.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest SkipperAnnie

Our sweet Annie has been gone 4 days now...she was almost 14 and we helped her on her journey. We don't have human kids, but instead had Annie...so the last 4 days have been the hardest thing I've ever been through. We took her to the vet last Saturday and they discovered massive tumors near her heart and based on all that they saw, they said she was in a lot of pain. I wanted to be selfish and keep her around longer...but my heart couldn't do that to her.

I'm new to this website and am trying to find solace w/kindred spirits w/in the greyhound world...

I know my sweet Annie is running fast and free and being the goofball that she once was.post-21507-12655023657915_thumb.jpg

Well, it has now been 50 days since I said goodbye to my princess...I miss her just as much as the first day, but I'm only crying every other day now. I read how many people have numerous greys at the bridge, so I realize my Sweet Annie has a lot of company (even though she's really shy) to help her. I still don't know how I'll get through this, but I'm actually starting to think about fostering for a local rescue group...to still have a grey around but not forever...which believe it or not seems like something I can do. My husband and friends are skeptical, but I can't go through this pain again with another grey...I just don't know how all of you do that over and over. So maybe fostering will be a good middle ground....