It Was Too Late For Charley

Guest brahmafear324

Guest brahmafear324

Charley continued to deteriorate over the weekend and stopped eating and drinking. He continued with the diarrhea once an hour. We consulted again with our vets and they believe that he had an advanced stage of some form of bowel cancer. In order to end his suffering he went to sleep this morning at 9:15 and I am heartbroken. I have to believe that he is at peace now and chasing rabbits in the sky. Thank you again to everyone for their support and kind words over the past several days. This is truly a wonderful forum for people who are hopelessly devoted to this wonderful breed.

Rest in peace my sweet puppy, we didn't get to spend near enough time with you I will miss our walks and runs together and giving you kisses on your velvet head.

Edited by brahmafear324

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sorry.

Godspeed, beloved boy.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I am so very sorry for your loss. Run pain free, Charley.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Guest Energy11

We are so sorry to hear about your Charley. It almost sounds like what Dasher had, when we had to send him to The Bridge.

He is with all the other Angels, now. God Speed your Charley!

Sending all our love, hugs and prayers, Dee, Curfew, Goldie, Oakly, Staggerlee, and Cari. Robert H. (Bob) DeYonker, Bold Energy, Dasher and Max, meeting Charley at The Bridge. flowers_red.gifflowers_red.gifflowers_red.gifflowers_red.gifflowers_red.gifrungrey.gif

Oh no. I am so sorry.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

My deepest condolences. :grouphug Godspeed, sweet Charley... :gh_run

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

My heart is breaking for you.grouphug.gifweep.gif

No question he is happy and well and chasing rabbits as I type. Love never dies. He will be with you always.

flowers_red.gifghrun.gifflowers_red.gif

“For love is as strong as death….

Many waters cannot quench love,

Nor can the floods drown it.”

Song of Solomon 8:6-7

I'm very sorry for your loss. Godspeed Charley! f_yellow

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

I'm so very sorry. :cry1

Godspeed Charley.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)