Bandage Got Wet Should I Remove It?

Mimi has a bandage on her foot. It's wrapped in cotton and vet wrap. She has an injury to her pad which may be a corn. My dh didn't listen when I told him he has to wrap it in plastic if it's raining and he just took her out and it got wet. Not soaked but it's wet. Should I remove the bandage or wait and see if it dries out?

Camille, Mom to Cher and Centeno! Also the kitties: Dash, Tod, and Starburst.
Waiting at the Bridge: Bam Bam, Mimi, Mimosa Grove, Magic, Roscoe, Buckwheat, Knick Knack, and Skylarphoto-11974.jpg?__rand=0.00790800+129039

Remove the wet one and rewrap it with dry.

I cannot rewrap it. If I remove it she will not have one.

Waiting at the Bridge: Bam Bam, Mimi, Mimosa Grove, Magic, Roscoe, Buckwheat, Knick Knack, and Skylarphoto-11974.jpg?__rand=0.00790800+129039

If you remove it, can you put a sock over it?

I don't know if that will help. The purpose of the bandage is to cushion the foot so she can walk on it.

Guest Flysmom

If all fails, loosely wrap her foot with soft wash cloths and secure them with painterstape and then put a sock over her foot. That should help until you can buy some vetwrap and gauze.

Guest MnMDogs

Definitely take it off. This may sound weird, but in a pinch I've used blue painters' tape to loosely bandage a paw when I didn't have vet wrap or medical tape. It doesn't stick to the fur at all.

ETA: I guess not too weird, I just saw that Flysmom has done the same!

Edited by MnMDogs

she runs the risk of developing sores if the wet bandage stays on.

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

I was going to suggest maybe 5 socks to pad the foot

just trying to brain storm for ideas :lol

don't suppose you want to smack dh up side the head?

:lol

gallery_2213_3086_11460.jpg

Kari and the pups.
Run free sweet Hana 9/21/08-9/12/10. Missing Sparks with every breath.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17

don't suppose you want to smack dh up side the head?

lol.gif

wife.gif

YEP!!!

Bandage is off. I'll have to get something for it after work. I might try Bee Propolis that Dione suggested to me.