Gryffin's Having A Bad Day

Guest GryffinSong

Guest GryffinSong

Gryffin has been limping more this weekend, despite my raising his pain meds. Today was definately a bad day. He tried to trot in the back yard and fell in the snow. For a few long moments he couldn't get up, and just cried. I was throwing my boots on to help him when he did finally rise and very slowly walk toward the door. The limp was quite bad.

I'm just furious with this disease. It seems to be worsening so quickly!!! Just a few short weeks ago he was apparently whole and healthy.

He's still happy most of the time, but I fear that his time is going to be shorter than I'd thought. :sad1

Guest GryffinSong

Thanks, I've already raised the previcox to maximum, and the tramadol to nearly maximum. I'll be talking with my vet tomorrow morning because she said we can add a pain patch.

Here's a photo I took of him today, awhile before his fall. He was feeling kind of sassy, barking at the neighbor's dogs and wanting to horse around. I take that as a good sign that he still sometimes has fun, but the severity of his limping is just so sad. You can see that he's holding his right front leg up. My mom made his fleece coat.

gryffininsnow.jpg

Guest Energy11

I, too know what you are going through. Max was diagnosed early, so we had a lot more time then some, but it IS an aggressive, very very aggressive, disease. The ONLY thing you can do is, take it day by day, and control the pain.

Sending lots of love and prayers!

Thanks, I've already raised the previcox to maximum, and the tramadol to nearly maximum. I'll be talking with my vet tomorrow morning because she said we can add a pain patch.

Here's a photo I took of him today, awhile before his fall. He was feeling kind of sassy, barking at the neighbor's dogs and wanting to horse around. I take that as a good sign that he still sometimes has fun, but the severity of his limping is just so sad. You can see that he's holding his right front leg up. My mom made his fleece coat.

gryffininsnow.jpg

Love him! Love the coat! Love the snow! Poor guy! At least he got to get out in the snow and be "sassy!" That is a good thing. We didn't get ANY here :-(

Guest Energy11

One more pic of him today, because I want to remember him this way, enjoying himself.

gryffinsnow2.jpg

YES, you DO want to see remember like this! Happy and proud! Max got to travel out of stinkin' hott Florida with us to the mountains, before he passed. Love to you all!

Guest PhillyPups

Karen :bighug

I know the heartbreak of this disease. As my son said when his Shimmer was near the end, "I look at this perfect being and can't believe this horrid disease is eating her alive from inside out".

Prayers for both you and Gryffin. He is stunning and your mom did a fantabulous job on his coat.

:bighug

He's a gorgeous boy.

:grouphug

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Oh, how beautiful your Gryffin is! I'm so sorry that you are dealing with this monster.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown