My Sweet And Wonderful Cali

Anne

Katsu Lady aka Miss Cali Lou

January 17, 1995 – January 29, 2010

Cali was indeed a Lady, and looked like a girl, you never called her a him. She came to me when she was 6 and I fostered her for a few days before I officially adopted her. She was my Alpha girl until her death. She ruled the house with an iron paw, often being the play police. She loved people, all people, kids, adults, didn’t matter to her. She was my greyhound smiler, she’d pull her lips back and give the biggest grins!

Her back legs began to get weak a few years ago, but she kept right on running and playing. As time passed, they would occasionally collapse on her but she’d persist and get right back up and keep on going. But in the last few months it was becoming more and more obvious that her back legs just weren’t working very well anymore. Even the ramp was giving her fits. And in the last few days she was having a lot of trouble getting up and staying up.

Today we stopped at Mickey D’s on the way to the vet and she ate two cheeseburgers and an order of fries. Then to the vet. She left softly and quietly in the most peaceful way with me telling her what a wonderful girl she was and how much I’d miss her and how very much I loved her. She was in the back of my SUV with the warm sun on her precious face. I miss her so much already. I was so lucky to have this girl in my life.

It was one year ago yesterday that my Phantom left this earth. I’m sure that he was there to greet Miss Cali when she arrived at the bridge.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so sorry Anne. She sounds like one in a million.

:(

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest BoogieDown

What a peaceful, beautiful way to go - with a belly full of cheeseburgers, warm sunshine on your face, and surrounded by the people you love the most. I'm sorry for your loss.

I am so sorry she had to leave. She sounds like quite a girl.

God speed to you baby girl, knowing how very much you are loved and will be greatly missed. Keep an eye on your mom and help to heal her broken heart until you meet again

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Cali sounds like a very special pup, I am sorry she had to leave.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

My deepest condolences to you. :grouphug I'm sure she leaves a huge hole in your heart. :brokenheart May the memories of her specialness bring you peace. Godspeed, sweet Cali... :gh_run

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

I am so sorry for your loss. What a peacefull way for her leave the earth. There is certainly a new star shining brightly in the heavens.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds