Vocal Dog ?

Guest IrskasMom

Guest IrskasMom

A Friend of mine has adopted a beautiful Grey , about 6 Month ago. She comes to the Park in the fenced in Area ( huge ) and we let the Dogs run. Well Supoda is very vocal ( like snarling ,growling ) when he runs . It's really funny but my Morty stands there in disbelief and looks like he is scared of Supoda.Does other Greys do that to ?????

A Friend of mine has adopted a beautiful Grey , about 6 Month ago. She comes to the Park in the fenced in Area ( huge ) and we let the Dogs run. Well Supoda is very vocal ( like snarling ,growling ) when he runs . It's really funny but my Morty stands there in disbelief and looks like he is scared of Supoda.Does other Greys do that to ?????

My 2-year-old recently adopted (late Nov 09) female Grey is very vocal, but she mostly barks at me, which can be very annoying and loud. I know she's trying to get my attention and probably wants to play, but now she's taken to biting at my feet and legs when I ignore her. If I reprimand her, she makes a game of it and races throughout the house. The reprimand "No" only makes her more persistent and vocal, so I now just ignore her and she finally stops. I tried using a squirt gun, too, but that just made it more of a game. She doesn't bark, snarl, or growl at other dogs at the dog park; however, my other Grey, now deceased, used to do that at other dogs at the dog park when chasing them, especially the smaller large dogs or large-breed puppies.. I think it was just a form of play, not really vicious.

I think there are a lot of vocal greys out there. We have one. From whining, to talking to howling to barking, we've heard it all. Mostly it is during times of excitement, especially when he sees someone on the street he wants to talk to (which is everybody). We have roofests 2x a day in the house, every day. Growling in bed at night while sleeping, whinneying (like a horse) while sleeping during the day. Doesn't end....Most of the time it is funny, though.

Doe's Bruciebaby Doe's Bumper

Derek

Follow my Ironman journeys and life with dogs, cats and busy kids: A long road

Oh yes, this describes Wayne. He even growls at the stuffies, but it's all in play. Lenny was afraid of him at first until he realized it's just Wayne's way of playing

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

A lot of hounds will growl and snarl when they're running and playing. Personally I think it's the competitiveness in them. Hounds that are normally quiet at home will become quite vocal when playing. All of mine will be quite vocal when playing but quiet in the house with the exception of Saint and he always has something to say!

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest widowcali

Cali is my mouthy broad. She will stand in front of Widow and just bark and growl at her, while play bowing, to try and entice Widow to play. Widow thinks she's nuts.

A lot of hounds will growl and snarl when they're running and playing. Personally I think it's the competitiveness in them. Hounds that are normally quiet at home will become quite vocal when playing. All of mine will be quite vocal when playing but quiet in the house with the exception of Saint and he always has something to say!

Lucky's this way- no noise in the house yet growls when he chases Diamond

gallery_2213_3086_11460.jpg

Kari and the pups.
Run free sweet Hana 9/21/08-9/12/10. Missing Sparks with every breath.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17

Guest TexasGreytMom

Our Dora is very quiet. Shelby, on the other hand, is the total opposite. On her ride home with us for the first time, she "talked" the entire time. We wondered then what exactly we had gotten ourselves into! LOL!

Now, she's still very vocal. She yawns really loud. She squeals when she wants us to look at her. She moans and groans in the middle of the night when she changes positions. If we're talking in bed in the dark at night, she makes sounds as if to tell us to "pipe down" and let her sleep - as if we're disturbing her. And, there are actually times when she'll carry on a conversation with us. She's a real goof and we love her dearly!

Guest Lovey_Hounds

My 2-year-old recently adopted (late Nov 09) female Grey is very vocal, but she mostly barks at me, which can be very annoying and loud. I know she's trying to get my attention and probably wants to play, but now she's taken to biting at my feet and legs when I ignore her. If I reprimand her, she makes a game of it and races throughout the house. The reprimand "No" only makes her more persistent and vocal, so I now just ignore her and she finally stops. I tried using a squirt gun, too, but that just made it more of a game. She doesn't bark, snarl, or growl at other dogs at the dog park; however, my other Grey, now deceased, used to do that at other dogs at the dog park when chasing them, especially the smaller large dogs or large-breed puppies.. I think it was just a form of play, not really vicious.

the ankle biting and barking has to do with her trying to play with you, our pup (15months old) does it all the time to my husband, daughter, the cats and the other hounds. she keeps doing this until some one plays with her or she gets distracted by something else.what we do is find something to re-direct her attention to something less annoying.