Need Advise On Skin Issue

Guest TeddysMom

Guest TeddysMom

Spice moved here from Fl the first week in Dec. She has flea allergies and was pretty bald on her belly, neck and butt when we picked her up. She had some pretty bad flaky, scabby skin down the middle of her back so we began a weekly bath schedule with Malasab shampoo followed by a deep conditioning. The flaky skin is pretty much gone, there is now peach fuzz comming in on the bald areas but there is still a problem that I am not sure how to handle. It is almost like she sweats, her belly and neck feel damp and sweaty a lot of the time. It doesn't feel oily and has no smell, I have no clue since I have never had experience with this before. She get 2000mg of fish oil daily, a hair and coat supplement on her food and a daily vitamin. I give her Benadryl if she is itchy but that has declined lately. She seems happy, healthy, eats well, poop is fine, her coat is now shinny and much softer and other than the damp skin seems fine. I just wonder if I am missing something important or if this is a non-issue.

Guest FastDogsOwnMe

Weird! But if she is healthy, happy, shiny, not itchy, eating well, normal poops- everything you said- I don't think I'd "sweat it" too much.

Guest TeddysMom

Roo's bald patches feel that way too. But she feels normal/dry on her body parts with hair.

Thanks, That is the way Spice is so I guess it might be just a normal thing for some with bald spots. It would be nice if her hair continutes to grow in but she is beautiful to me anyway. :rolleyes:

Guest FastDogsOwnMe

Mine are noticeably and quickly growing their butt hair in with 3mg melatonin per day. My SUPER baldy butt, Zephyr, probably could have won a bald butt contest. He's got peach fuzz all over, and clear brindle markings coming in where he was completely hairless just a couple weeks ago.

Guest TeddysMom

Mine are noticeably and quickly growing their butt hair in with 3mg melatonin per day. My SUPER baldy butt, Zephyr, probably could have won a bald butt contest. He's got peach fuzz all over, and clear brindle markings coming in where he was completely hairless just a couple weeks ago.

I forgot, thanks to your post recently, Spice is also taking Melatonin also. She has only been on it a week so I will wait and hope.

Guest FastDogsOwnMe

My girl who never regrew her coat after her spay (it looked horrible, they shaved way too much!) grew it all back in within ten days with the Melatonin! I am amazed. You can't even tell she was spayed at all now.

Guest TeddysMom

My girl who never regrew her coat after her spay (it looked horrible, they shaved way too much!) grew it all back in within ten days with the Melatonin! I am amazed. You can't even tell she was spayed at all now.

It would help for Spice to have some hair in this climate right now. Poor girl is cold.