Stretch Is Limping

Guest 2greygirls

Guest 2greygirls

So Stretch started limping on his good back leg, justwhen he gets up,and when he is on hard/lumpy or uneven ground. He seems to even out if he is on hard smooth ground. I can't find anything, heat or swelling, but he does have a teensy tiny circular something on one toe pad..and I do remember him having seed warts when he raced..there is also what feels like a small scab between his toes, again, no heat or redness or swelling, but I am pretty sure that is the toe that bothers him..corns can start real small right? anyone have a picture of a small corn?

Guest Energy11

Does sound like either arthritis or a corn, or both. I have to use booties on Staggerlee. I just "hulled," one corn last night on his back foot, and he has another bad one on the opposite foot. What you are describing sound a lot like how Staggerlee walks. How old is Stretch?

Wishing you lots of luck with this!

Guest 2greygirls

He'll be six in April.. I should add that he broke his other hock, and has a toe amp on his other back leg, so this is his " good" backleg. I have been soaking his foot , hoping to draw something out if it's in there...right now the anomaly is very tiny..so I am not sure that is what it is , although he does flinch a bit when I apply pressure to that toe.. I just get real jumpy with a sudden limp...I will give it a few more days, I do not want to sedate for an X ray, but if this thing doesn't prsent itself more clearly , I may have to , for my sanity. He doesn't seem overly bothered by it, and will even go on tears through the house...just when he gets up, and on uneven ground, which had me thinking dislocated toe, but there is no swelling....now I'm rambling..

Guest Energy11

There is a lot going on here. TO ME, it DOES sound like a corn, but the other problems, could also be contributing to it. I would x-ray, JUST to be on the safe side, and give yourself peace of mind. I HIGHLY suggest The Voyagers Canine Appearal booties. This is what Staggerlee wear for his corns!

Good luck! Sending lots of love, hugs and many prayers !

Guest 2greygirls

Thanks... I know there is a lot going on with his back end... Of course right now he is using his back legs fine, as he is trying to crawl under a dresser to steal the cookie his sister hid there.. I am thinking I will X-ray.