Guinness Is Home

Guest dragontearz

Guest dragontearz

I picked Guinness up at eleven this morning at the vets, I've been sitting here petting him since then.2690654450105367259S500x500Q85.jpg

He's tired, and sore and rightfully so..When I got to the vets, the girls all said how cute he was and they loved his mow-hawk2223811170105367259S500x500Q85.jpg, and that he was doing good, had a healthy appetite and ate all his food and went potty just fine-when they brought him out, I was expecting him to do a dance or something in excitement, but I think he was still feeling off, all he did was look at me and head for the door.."well that sucked, lets get the hell out of here"

He did lean against me as I listened to the vet go over the instructions for the antibiotics, to feed him soft food until his mouth heals and to come back Friday to get his bandages changed, then we got in the car and headed home,with a stop at the pet store for some canned food..Guinness knows where certain places are, like my friends houses or the pet stores,as soon as we turned down the street he stood up and perked up like his old self, and when I went to leave him in the car he would have none of it-he was standing in my lap as soon as I opened the door, and after arguing with him for a few minutes I gave up..I gingerly picked him up and sat him down on the ground, and we slowly made our way into the store..

Ever put tape on a cats paws when you were a kid and watched as they picked each paw WAAAAY up and walked one by one? That's how Guinness walks right now..We slowly made our way through the store, and he did his usual routine..smell EVERYTHING one by one..every pigs ear, every bone, bag of food, other customers, toys, etc...what should have been a quick 2 minute trip ended up taking twenty, but I figure he earned it..he made sure to get the sympathy scritches from whoever happened to cross his path, then we came home..He ate a can of food like it was going out of style, and since then he's been sleeping on his new bed, waking enough to paw me to tell me to keep petting...2470874380105367259S500x500Q85.jpg

Thanks for all the well wishes, I feel a lot better having him back with me, and can't wait until he mends..Clean teeth and paws that don't hurt all the time I'm sure he will appreciate :)

Guest Energy11

WHAT A FACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Glad that handsome boy is back where he belongs! Love you, Guinness!! Curfew and I send our love, and Goldie, Oakly, Staggerlee, and Cari, too@!

Look at that beautiful face! So glad he's home where he belongs. Hope he's feeling his old self soon.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest DundeeToddsMom

Ahhh what a sweetie!! :wub:

Here's wishing for a speedy recovery...his poor footies look so sore all bandaged up.

Sending prayer your way :hope

:kiss2 Guinness. I hope you feel better soon.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest FullMetalFrank

Awwww, bless his heart! What a sweet-faced boy he is. I hope his poor footsies heal quickly and same for his mouth, I am sure he'll feel a lot better with all of that taken care of.