Toe Problem?

Guest Tessiegirl

Guest Tessiegirl

My grey got a cut on the inside of one of her toes. We bandaged it lightly & put a sock over it to keep her from licking it. Every time it starts to heal, she runs in the yard or house, it breaks open and bleeds. How long do these things usually take to heal? How do you keep a greyhound from running?

Thanks,

Deb

Guest Energy11

Leash walking is really the only way to keep her quiet unti this heals. This type of injury will take a while. Sounds like you are doing all the right things, though! Good Luck with this!

Guest TheDoggfather

Leash walks only long enogh to let her pee/poop... otherwise, crate her up tillit heals. And I wouldn't worry about keeping it wrapped up. Let her lick it; she'll keep it clean that way and it'll heal faster. Some water therapy, too, is a good idea.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Tessiegirl

Leash walks only long enogh to let her pee/poop... otherwise, crate her up tillit heals. And I wouldn't worry about keeping it wrapped up. Let her lick it; she'll keep it clean that way and it'll heal faster. Some water therapy, too, is a good idea.

Water therapy?

Guest FullMetalFrank

Water therapy = running it under fresh, clean water for a few minutes, a couple of times a day. If weather permits, flushing it with a garden hose will suffice.

Guest KennelMom

:nod

Guest Tessiegirl

Water therapy = running it under fresh, clean water for a few minutes, a couple of times a day. If weather permits, flushing it with a garden hose will suffice.

Well, that's easy enough. Thanks!