Crandon Keely Aka Brooke 5/28/92 To 1/23/10

SarahsBlackPack

It is with a heavy heart the I am posting about Brooke crossing over on Saturday. It was in November of 2008 when we adopted this sweet little senior girl at the age of 11 and a half years young. She sure didn't act her age at all. When I first met her she at her foster mom Susan Fortkemp house in West Allis and we took Angel along with us. Because we didn't know how the girls would get along. As it turned out the girl got along wonderfully.

In the beginning she was kind shy towards us. But after a few months she was starting to come out her shell more and more every day. And then in May of last year she started to limp, so my mom and sister took her to vet. And Dr Dale did some x-rays of the shoulder and then came back to where my mom and sister where and told them the bad news. That it was cancer. And with her age is was a week short of 12. We figured we would just make her time with as comfortable as we could. And over the course of the last week she was panting more than normal, and she was restless, which wasn't like her at. I do think she was getting to the point she was done fighting the cancer and she was ready to go. And then on Saturday Angel went after her in the yard, we don't really know what happened. Because I was still sleeping and my dad was getting there food bowels ready for them. Next thing my dad knows is that Angel is over by Brooke and Brooke was screaming. Angel never knocked her down or anything. and once they were all in the house, even when she was just standing on her bed she was still screaming in pain. So we made the decision to put her to sleep on Saturday.

Run free my sweet Brooke dog! We miss you!

Sarah, mom to Stella and Winston . And to Prince, Katie Z, Malone, Brooke, Freddie, Angel and Fast who are all waiting at the Bridge!

www.gpawisconsin.org

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry, Sarah. I know you and your family showed her a good time, and I hope one day that will be of comfort to you.

Godspeed, sweet girl.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I'm so very sorry. Thank goodness she had you, her last year was awesome. Run free Brooke.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

I am so sorry to hear about Brooke. I am so glad you opened up your huge heart to adopt Brooke as a senior. All dogs deserve their own home and own people and especially the seniors so thank you very much! Godspeed Brooke and may the wind always be at your backangelwings.gifghrun.gif

gallery_19161_3282_5037.jpg

I am so sorry

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

I'm so very sorry. :cry1 I'm glad she found you for her last months.

Godspeed Brooke.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13), Grey Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23)