Hello (& Tail Wags) From Chicago

Guest Apollo_Dog

Guest Apollo_Dog

Hello from Chicago!! I'm new to this forum as a member, but have lurked & read advice regarding greyhounds before. I have a 2 3/4 (almost 3) year old Brindle Greyhound named Apollo. He found his forever home this past April & has taken over our lives, bed & hearts forever. He has never raced a day in his life, we like to say that he went thru bootcamp, but never graduated. He is far more interested in people than in running, although if you have a handy tennis ball nearby and enclosed yard, he will glad "retrieve" (sometimes he only brings the ball 1/2 way back) and run for the ball. Loves to play & of course loves to "de-squeak" anything that is fluffy & comes with a squeaker. Loves any type of dog (whether small or large) and well, like many greys ... we don't trust him around cats. Anyway, hello to the rest of the members.

I'd include a picture, but haven't figured out how to upload it to this forum.

Edited by Apollo_Dog

Welcome from VA. There is a thread here somewhere about uploading, plus it's really easy from photobucket.

Missing my sweet girl Scout. My snuggler, my chow-hound, my kissy girl.
It never thunders at the Bridge, and your food bowl is ALWAYS filled.

So strange not living in Atty World. I was a love struck handmaiden to your every whim.

Guest Frankendog

Welcome! I'm new too. I saw pictures the other day of a beach for dogs only in Chicago! The gal that took the pics brings her grey there a lot and she loves the water! Do you ever go there?

Guest houndstooth4

Hello from your neighbors to the south a bit! We're down in the Peoria--Bloomington/Normal area!

We got our latest additon, Bunny, as an eighteen month old the same way you got Apollo. She just celebrated her third birthday!

Hi! I notice that this is a little late but when I saw the words New & Chicago, I just had to reply as I'm also new and from the Chicago burbs. I haven't figured out yet, how to do the pictures, and have lousy luck with starting a new topic, so I'm just working on the replies. See, you are doing better than I am. Congratulations on your new hound. Your discription of him makes him sound like a winner which is better than being a racer.