Greyhound Rescue In Los Angeles

Guest Adoptastar

Welcome.

IMHO- The "hard" facts on your website is going to get a lot of pro racing people pretty darn ticked and I can't say I would blame them. :huh

There are things stated that are just not true. Better research would be a better start. Your hearts are in the right place.

Edited by RobinM

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest FastDogsOwnMe

Love the picture of the Grey with the ball on your site. Welcome, and thanks for being there for Greys. This is definitely a racing neutral website, though, just so you know.

Edited to add: I meant GREYTALK is a racing neutral site, so there's no confusion.

Edited by FastDogsOwnMe

Guest ThunderPaws

Welcome.

IMHO- The "hard" facts on your website is going to get a lot of pro racing people pretty darn ticked and I can't say I would blame them. :huh

That is not true.

The "Hard Facts" page was the first thing I've noticed. Wonder where these "Facts" came from? :huh

Guest 3greysinPA

Welcome.

That is not true.

The "Hard Facts" page was the first thing I've noticed. Wonder where these "Facts" came from? :huh

The 'Hard Facts' page :bs

Maybe they should look into getting the "Facts Straight" Page.

Welcome.

That is not true.

The 'Hard Facts' page :bs

Maybe they should look into getting the "Facts Straight" Page.

:lol:lol:lol:lol:eek:lol:lol:lol:eek:lol:lol:lol

Good one Kristen.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest ThunderPaws

Greyt FAQ page: However it’s important to remember that they don’t have fond memories of their crates.

These dogs have lived in kennels and at tracks all of their lives.

Home page: ...we also have a focus on education and media - getting the word out about greyhounds and addressing some of the myths usually associated with the breed.

Unfortunately, I found inconsistencies in the data being presented (hard facts aside). For example, one paragraph reads greyhound reach their top speed of 45 mph in 6 strides, then a couple later, it said 45-50 mph in 2 strides.

Don't mean to be a crank when your team is furthering adoption and no doubt working so hard, but I am thinking, IMO, you may want to tidy up some of the facts and data for your own benefit. The web design is awesome, so kudos for that.

Welcome to GT and thanks for helping Western houndies!

Doe's Bruciebaby Doe's Bumper

Derek

Follow my Ironman journeys and life with dogs, cats and busy kids: A long road

Guest LoveMyJoseyBean

Hi Adopt-A-Star! I just had the pleasure of meeting one of the first dogs you adopted out. His name is Niles now and he is living with two Iggy's in Calabasas. Yes, I was Grey Stalking :blush Sweet Boy. His people clearly love him!

Welcome.

GREYT logo!

Are you a new group?

No, the group has been around for a few years. For those who remember the Vesuvio search in Palm Springs back in 2005 (I think?), Vesuvio was adopted from Adopt-a-Star.

Edited by greypuppyluv

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound