Pedigree Overviews

Guest rockingship

Guest dngrpronedaf

Rock,

I'm dizzy, fascinated, & amazed from reading your research. Above all I'm very appreciative for your time spent on this. Please know I enjoyed reading through and will read through again and again! Thank you for providing such a wonderful piece of history for our Greys and their adopted families :heart

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest rockingship

Fran, I'm glad that you enjoyed reading about Smith And Jones' distinguished background, and thanks for the kind words. There is more info on Kinto Nebo and her family in this thread, under the pedigree of Marnita, who is a direct relative of your greyhound.

I don't have any damline info on your other greyhound, and greyhound-data doesn't have any past the 2nd dam....I'll have to try and find it among my notes and old periodicals, which is not always a results-getter.

Guest dngrpronedaf
Fran, I'm glad that you enjoyed reading about Smith And Jones' distinguished background, and thanks for the kind words. There is more info on Kinto Nebo and her family in this thread, under the pedigree of Marnita, who is a direct relative of your greyhound.

I don't have any damline info on your other greyhound, and greyhound-data doesn't have any past the 2nd dam....I'll have to try and find it among my notes and old periodicals, which is not always a results-getter.

Please don't spend a lot of time on Blend of Honey. Only if somethng surfaces.. Agian much thanks also for the thread reference. I'll check there as well. :colgate

Guest rockingship

Brenda

Stagecoach by Ps Raising Cain x High Spirited

Stagecoach is from a very nice little family of greyhounds which came across the waters sometime before the invention of the mechanical lure.....most likely in the person of the female named Hi Yo Dogie, of unknown origin.

The family became notorious because of the exploits of Tuf Miler, an All American, and a champion of the Flagler Classic and Raynham Derby . He was a greyhound of uncommon heart, determination, honesty and ability. His sire was the great Cactus Lonesome, and his dam was Macs Diane----whose ½ sibling, Ms Delight, is the 6th dam to Stagecoach.

Tuf Miler went on to be a sire of some importance, and his son, Mr.Wizard (x JMs Mod C), was an American Derby winner, an All American, and one of the greatest 600 yard greyhounds I have ever seen.

The females from Macs Lamb were not slouches by any means, either on the racetrack or in the brood house.

They are the female ancestors of TMs Ticket Home (Placid Ace x Night Thriller), a very successful racer and sire , who is the 2nd damsire to All American and Rural Rube Award winner of 2002, Kiowa Sweet Trey.... and his sibling, Kiowa Sweet Joe, the American Derby champ of that same year.

.....contemporary sire Blazin Blitz (Big Blitz x Boardwalk Annie), a Lincoln track champion, Sprint Champion and Countdown Champion..

....Iruska Zederiah (Greys Statesman x Skiddy Floozie), a winner of the Great American Greyhound Futurity at the Woodlands, an Invitational Greyhound Race of Champions winner and a Wheeling Spring Classic Champion, now at stud......

.....Iruska All Star (Ps Raising Cain x Cee Bar Star), a Wheeling win leader, also at stud.....

......and the late, lamented Shata Vallie (Splishin Vallie x Nordic Princess) the winner of the 1999 Wichita Greyhound Night of Stars feature, the Woodlands Kansas Cup, the Great Kansas Shootout, the Wichita Holiday Sprint Stakes and 2000 Hollywood Inaugural..... and an All-American in 1999 and 2000.

These are among the greatest of the female family relatives of Stagecoach.

Damsire VV County Barn is from the great and prolific Wild Nancy family, through the LLs Deeny branch, also the family of the fine sires My Unruly Dan, by Unruly, and his half sibling by Jocks Warrior (x Susie York), My Bocephus.

The up and coming Conched Out (Chevy Montecarlo x CC Sassy Sis), is a little known, but high strike rate sire from this same family.

Sire Ps Raising Cain is a perennial sireboard leader, from the Michigan Vickey family, which we have detailed previously in these frames, and which was capably expressed through the great Ps Rambling (Profits Andy x Ps Skelly), a Hall of Fame stayer, winner of the $100,000 Hollywoodian Stakes and a Flashy Sir Award winner, as well as an All American......and the superb PL Greer (SS Jeno x ColonelVickey), also from this direct family, who was an American Derby winner.

Stagecoach carries some pretty heavy genetic heirlooms.

Edited by rockingship

Rock, thank you so much! That is something I will keep forever.

pharaoh.jpg

<span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'> LE 62663

</span></span>

<span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'> RE 126E

</span></span>

Guest rockingship

Brenda...just for the record, and for anyone else whose greyhound is from this family....I forgot to mention the fine young performer Ben Awhile (Greys Flamebeau x Bistro Queen), a st Petersburg Sprint Champ and Tampa Juvenile winner, who is also from the same family as your own very handsome looking Stagecoach.

Guest rockingship

2dogz

Rainier Robot, by Fortress x Bad Cynda

This powerful looking greyhound is yet another from the Michigan Vickey family of breeder Bill Woodall, which is actually traceable back to Lengsfeld (and further), a female who emerged at around the beginning of the 20th century.

The matriarch of this family, in early modernity, is actually Belmonicon (Harmonicon x Water Lilly XVI). Belmonicon is also the 4th dam to Hall of Fame Brood Matron, My Kit----who has been previously discussed in these frames. Her sons Buzzie Roll, Scatter Brian and Time Bomb, are very important sires in the beginnings of our modern track racing.

Rainer Robot has emerged from the branch of the family which descends through the fine stakes racer and dam, WP Sevenby Seven, who is by Raynham Derby winner Cap Perfecta (Caprioled x Super Fan). WP Sevenby Seven is also the dam of the Rhode Island Derby winner Ps Legal , who is a full sibling to Ps Impressive, the 3rd dam to Rainier Robot.

Michigan Vickey, the dam of WPs Sevenby Seven, moreover, is the 2nd dam to the great little American Derby winner of 1976, PL Greer (SS Jeno x Colonel Vickey), and the 4th dam to Hall Of Fame stayer, Ps Rambling (Profits Andy x Ps Skelly), who many believe to be the finest American greyhound ever to race at distances greater than 500 yards. Ps Raising Cain, a contemporary sire leader, is a grandson of Ps Skelly.

This is arguably the most powerful branch of an extremely fine and classic American family----keeping in mind that the great Lucky Terra----the dam of Kunta Kinte and Lucky Carmell, and the 2nd dam to the great sire Perceive----can trace her ancestry to Kitty Dunn, the dam of My Kit, as well.

These are the direct family relatives of Rainer Robot. A very distinguished group.

Rainier Robot carries the imported Australian, Black Aztec (Ungwilla Lad x Ebony Aztec) as his 2nd damsire. Black Aztec was a phenomenal racer in Australia, who came to the US amidst a great deal of fanfare, with the expectation that he would do for the breed what the great Tell You Why had done 2 generations earlier. That he did not fulfill those lofty expectations is no black mark to be held against this fine greyhound, whom history has vindicated as a fairly successful damsire. One of his sons, Fuels Stargazer (x Fuel Selector), was an American Derby winner in 1985.

HBs Commander, the damsire to Rainier Robot, is simply one of the most important sires in modern history. His son, Molotov, has been the leading US sire for the past 5 years, and has literally dominated male line breeding for that time----trends indicate that his male line will continue to so dominate. Commander is from the great Miss Judy family, through the Dixie Day branch----an unfashionable one at that, until his emergence. Previously, the fine stakes competitor Leo Not Lion (Trap Rock x Broxsie) had emerged from this direct branch.

Rainier Robot is by Fortress, from the Ireland based kennels of the incomparable Pat Dalton. Fortress carries the great Maythorn Pride as his 3rd dam, and her daughter, Miss Hilary, as his 2nd dam. These are the authoresses of a breeding dynasty, which now spans 3 continents, and has been alluded to many times in these frames.

Guest rockingship

Brindlehounds

Bello Owe You , by San Tan Savage x Carrie Quick

This greyhound descends from a grand old Australian female family that is a virtual "who's who" of early Australian coursing and race breeding. It can be traced back to the dam Lively Coon, circa 1915, and of unknown origin.

By 1925 the great Andy had emerged in a direct female line from Lively Coon, who was the 3rd dam of this profoundly important son of the equally profoundly important Andrew Micawber. You see, Andy was to be the sire, when mated to the female Minda Lass, of perhaps the greatest damsire ever in American race breeding, the incomparable Handy Andy.

Handy Andy is the sire of Handy Nebo and Gravel Gertie, each out of Dawn Tullera, two of the most influential dams in American racing and breeding. The former is the direct female antecedent to Westy Whizzer, and the latter is the direct female line to Molotov.

And in the pedigree of Bello Owe You, we see this family of the gresat Andy expressed not only through the direct female line, but through the direct female line to Bello Owe You's damsire, Kelton Quick-----whose dam, Fanci Patti, is a half sibling to Carrie Cannon, the 3rd dam to Bello Owe You.

Kelton Quick was an outstanding racer and sire himself, having won the Race of Young Champions, and the Daytona Winter Classic, and he finished 3rd in the prestigious Hollywoodian Stakes.

Others from this direct family include Tommy Quick (Kelton Quick x Carri?s Lady) who was a sensation at Lincoln and is at stud today----and whose dam is a full sibling to Carrie Quick, the dam of Bello Owe You!!

Carri's Lady herself was a track record holder at Lincoln, and a fine racer in her own right.

RDs Bugsy (Supersonic Slick x RDs Frances) is another fine performer from the family of Lively Coon, and the sire of Ophas Hermes, winner of the Southland Derby.

San Tan Savage (He's My Man x Glinting Sun), the sire of Bello Owe You, is a highly accomplished sire despite being lightly bred, and is from the Irish family of Favourite Fashion, also the family of the great damsire Man of Pleasure (Drumman Rambler x Beauty of Pleasure).

San Tan Savage is the sire of the sensational My Zapper (x My Scarlet O), who recently and regrettably, suffered an injury in the final of the Bluffs Run Countdown, after appearing to have seized an insurmountable lead, and then being uncharacteristically caught.. He finished the race, beaten but by a few lengths, despite what was reported to have been a mild fracture of the hock. Prior to that, he had won the Bluffs Run Derby, at 3/8ths of a mile.

Edited by rockingship

Guest Angela

Wow, how do I get in on this? we are Newbies.

Adopted JP Match Play and Horton's We Good on 8/7 -- I have already checked out some data but would love more detail.

Guest jcsperson
Thanks rockingship.  I recently saw a clip from the movie Good Will Hunting and want to see more.  When my attitude changed to pro grey, this clip left me seeing the world of racing in a totally different way.

Most tracks have a video service through which one can purchase tapes of recent races. You have to be quick about it. After we adopted our boy Idol a couple years ago I called down and asked for some of his races but they had been deleted.

There are some awfully nice dogs running right now that would be fun to watch over and over. I have all the prelims from the 2001 Derby Lane Sprint Classic won by super-sire in the making Craigie Whistler over the likes of BD's Phillip, Courageous Nicky, Dominator, Greys Matterhorn, etc. B)

I'd like to have more vids of wunderkind WW Apple Jax at Wheeling, EA's Itzaboy, Ben Awhile, Rooftop Moby, etc. The whereabouts of these dogs is available on Rosnet. Many tracks have websites where races can be downloaded onto your hard-drive.

The NGA has Gary Guccione's Great Names In Greyhound Pedigrees, Vol. II in stock. Vol. I is out of print, unfortunately. I've seen it on the internet at bookfinder.com for $200.

To keep up on the sport there is no better way than Greyhound Review which is very inexpensive at $30 annually. See the NGA website.

Edited by jcsperson

• 2 weeks later...

Oh thank you a thousand times over. And thank you for

wording it so beautifully! I will print it and put it in his album and I will also frame it! What a wonderful thing you are doing! I wish you the best and I thank you from the bottom of my heart!

s-

• 1 month later...
Guest cruzinhounds

Fran,

I had the pleasure of racing Smith and Jones and Blend of Honey in my kennel at Pueblo, Colorado. Smith and Jones and BoH are Colorado Bred hounds born about 20 miles apart.SandJ in Loveland and B o H in Greeley.I am happy to see they have a home.I may have a racing program or two laying around with them in it.No promises ,but I'll look.I believe you may have received these dogs from Arizona.

Good Luck with them .I really enjoy it when I know a pup or two that people have adopted.

Cruzinhounds