Pedigree Overviews

Guest rockingship

Guest Thank you

You confirmed what I thought when I went to the greyhound data base. They may not have gotten a grey for racing but they produced a wonderful pet and companion for Simone. One bright, well-mannered, and focused dog.

Enjoy reading all the other requests.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest rockingship

Tallahasseegreys

Flying Telecom by Flying Viper x Willowrun Mom

Here we have yet another Miss Judy family member, through the phenomenal Buzz Off, who, as we have discussed ad infinitum, is considered by many to have been the finest and most productive brood matron of at least the last quarter century.

The Miss Judy family is among the most powerful and prolific in the world, and had the great Real Huntsman (Never Roll x Medora) not perished prematurely, there is no doubt in my mind that it would be even more abundantly widespread than it already is.

If there was any “knock” on the Miss Judy family, it is that it had not, historically, tended to assert itself through prepotent, dominant sires, anywhere near as much as it has through its female members.

The failure of Kail (Power Reach x Scandia) and Dungaree (Big Tar x Riley), from the Medora branch of Miss Judy, to establish dominancy as sires ----never mind as sires of sires----only served to sustain this thought. And true enough, Buzz Off’s sons were none too dominant either, though Blendway could hardly be considered a failure.

Nevertheless, Akbar (Kelton x Keen Girl) was to change all that forever.....as he is the sire of the superlative and dominant HBs Commander, and himself a Miss Judy family member, from the Medora branch-----and Commander no less, is from yet another branch of the Miss Judy family.....so, in any eventuality, Miss Judy will have her say for generations to come-----as HBs Commander (x Princess Donna), is the sire of Molotov, US sire champion for the past 3 years.

The pedigree of Flying Telecom features a 5x6 linebreeding to Monalee Champion/Ballybeg Pride, through the siblings, Share Profit and Warned To Win, who are from the storied family of Sally’s Gossip-----which, IMO, is one of the great families in the world of the racing greyhound.

The powerful Irish sire of dams, Printer’s Prince, is a member of the Sallys Gossip family….. as is Twilight Belle (Money Grand x Pelican Queen), an American Derby and Raynham Derby (dead heat with Tuf Miler) winner in 1972. Twilight Belle later defeated Tuf Miler in a match race at 3/8ths of a mile.

The fabulous Spiral Nikita (Phantom Flash x Minnies Nikita) carries on the family tradition at stud today in Ireland and the UK, as does Cool Performance (Mustang Jack x Pony Nikita), a recent Irish Derby winner.

And our own Mo Kick, All American and team captain, one of the fleetest and enigmatic of greyhounds ever in the USA, is a Sallys Gossip family member----as is his sire, Jig Jag Mo----and Mo Kick is linebred, in tail female of both his sire and dam, to the female Knocklate----whose 2nd dam is none other than Sallys Gossip. But no member of this family has had a more profound influence upon the American racing greyhound than has the great Share Profit himself. The pedigree record speaks eloquently to his powers.

My Unicorn, the damsire to Flying Telecom, is from the family of Inler May, but from a different branch than the one that produced Maythorn Pride, Miss Hilary and Fortress. My Unicorn, a Hollywood World Classic winner and a dominant sire in his time, is descended from the Racing Millie branch of the family, and is a direct line decendent of the same strain as is the sensational Late Late Show (x Ullid Citrate), a superstar in Ireland, and the greyhound who has won the most money in the history of the sport----most of which had been predestined, by his owners, to charity….his sire, wouldn’t you know it, is Spiral Nikita….. from the Sallys Gossip family.

Edited by rockingship

Guest rockingship

Sam&RoscoesMom

Mesa Ricky by Oswald Cobblepot x Mesa Jet

This greyhound is from one of the least understood families in our American breeding paradigm, and one of the most important. If we proceed down the tail female line (the bottom line on the pedigree chart), we see Carbella as the 4th dam to Mesa Ricky.

Further back, at the time that track racing had begun to gather momentum among greyhound breeders, we come to the female named Miss Twinkle, by Meadows out of a female named Twinkle. Miss Twinkle had 2 daughters by Loodeen, named Twinkles Girl and Jingle Jangle…..the latter is the direct female ancestor to Mesa Ricky.

The Twinkles Girl branch of the family was to become as powerful force in typing the American racing greyhound as any. For Twinkles Girl is the dam of Butterflies, by the great imported Australian, Hall Of Fame sire, Handy Andy.

Butterflies’ matings to the legendary Lucky Pilot are equally legendary to anyone who has truly studied the intricacies of the pedigree record, or who was breeding greyhounds back in the 50s, when the Butterflies’ descendents of Orville Moses, Serape (Black Magic x Excellence), and Feldcrest (No Refund x Ornamental) both won a renewal of the most prestigious, and at the time, the richest stakes race in the world, the American Derby…..or in the 70s when Jamies Lane (Rathvilly Luck x Mamie Hipockets) was playing “catch-me-if-you-can” with the best sprinters in the nation, as he had in Plainfield for most of his career, which included a well-earned victory in the Great Greyhound Race and All American honors thereafter. Or when the star-crossed Ks Clown ( Bill Moss x Montague Ribbon) was winning the special “winner take all” series of match races in Abilene, over the likes of Highway Robber, Fruit Float, Sunbows Best and Rocket Charge.

Today, the family is carried on by the descendents of Carbella, who is from the Jingle Jangle branch of this great family. Carbella is the direct female ancestor to Rural Rube award winners Scott Free and SCs Mask Rider, both at stud today, the former being among the national sire standings leaders.

Annas Special, damsire to Mesa Ricky, was a sadly underused and under-appreciated sire, who descends from the family of My Honey Babe, which is also the female family of Lively Count (Count Rebel x Lackluster), an ill-fated, but prepotent sire, and the sire of CBs F Paradise (X Paso Dannie), a Green Mountain Derby champ and Biscayne Irish American runnerup, and Minstrel Kid (x Anita Ann) who won the Wonderland Derby. Today we see Ezra Clem (Molotov x Husker Abigail) the 2001 Tampa Derby winner, blazing a trial for this family, across the state of Florida.

Sire Oswald Cobblepot, now the number 1 sire in the USA, brings in the Yurituni branch of the extensive Inler May family. This branch is the direct family of the great racer and sire Wild Breeze (Ostracized x All Heart), top sire Minaki Zeke (Trouper Zeke x Frosty Day) and stakes winner Beastwithtobacks (Molotov x Hailey), also at stud. The great Kelsos Kingpin (Trojan Episode x Kelsos Magnolia), a Hollywood World Classic winner, is also from this Yurituni branch.

An extremely classy pedigree.

Edited by rockingship

So glad you explained what "tail" meant. I was really trying to think of an intelligent way to ask you.

If you had to pick a track for someone to visit as a first ever racing experience, which one would it be? If I was to order a video from a particular race is there one that you would suggest? Thanks

tn_Simone_sClosetSig.jpg

And our own Mo Kick, All American and team captain, one of the fleetest and enigmatic of greyhounds ever in the USA ...

Why do you say "enigmatic"?

Just curious.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest rockingship

Batman's Mom....I used that word because in spite of his abundant gifts of speed and athleticism, he did not seem to pass them onto too many of his offspring....and because his bloodline is not at all "fashionable". The jury is still out as to what his contribution might be through his daughters and their daughters.

Blitzen&Simone....if I were in New England it would be Raynham, hands down. They have a terrific clubhouse----and a very good restaurant, which is right behind the starting box. It still has some old country character as well. A beautiful track.

Florida has St Pete, which is a showplace. Mile High used to be very nice back in the 70s and 80s----but I haven't been there since then.

As to the race film....that's a tough one. I'd like to see any of my namesake's (Rocking Ship) races.

But perhaps the most remarkable race I ever saw was Ks Flak's Wonderland Derby win. He broke from the 6 hole right into the far turn...the Derby is 3/8ths of a mile, and the starting box is angled into the turn from a short chute.

At any rate, he didn't get too good a start, and the great All American Elton Lad had gotten the drop on Flak......as they came off the far turn for the first time, Flak was wide and in 6th place, about 7 lengths behind the leader, Elton Lad, who was in overdrive.....at that point, Flak made a move that dropped the jaws of every person in the crowd. He accelerated with an impossible burst.....and into the teeth of the pace, being set by one of the fastest greyhounds in the world, Flak began passing dogs, like they were signposts on a highway. From the first time they went under the wire, until the time they reached the toteboard on the backstretch, Flak had gone from 6 lengths in arrears, to about 7 lengths clear of Elton Lad----all in about a distance of 320 or so yards, and half of that, while running the clubhouse turn....He made Elton Lad look like any common grade D greyhound----and greyhounds just aren't supposed to be capable of making moves like that, so early in a race----not against the likes of Elton Lad. At any rate, it was an absolutely stunning----almost contemptuous----display of pure and unadulterated brilliance, the likes of which I have not since witnessed. I still get goosebumps thinking of it.

Gr8NC....I haven't come up with even a clue. If you contact the NGA, they will provide you with a 4 generation pedigree for a small fee. At that point, we might be able to tie her to her roots..... Greyhound-data.com says she is by Ohio Prince x Ohio Megan.....and I have no records of either, and neither does greyhound-data.....

I'm really sorry, but I just don't have the resources or the time to maintain a database as comprehensively as I would like to. If it isn't on greyhound-data.com, I probably don't have it either, as I have already added what gems of information I possess to that wonderful venue.

Edited by rockingship

Guest Sam_Roscoes_Mom

Thank you Rockingship for your info on Mesa Rickie now known as Sambo. I knew from my first meeting with Sam that he was one classy greyhound.

Guest rockingship

Sam's breeder, Mark Adams, posts on Global Greyhounds.....you might want to drop him a personal note and let him know how happy you and Sam are together -----he will be glad to hear of it, as he makes sure all his dogs find adoptive homes when their careers are over.

Guest rockingship

Penny

Looks That Kill by My Broadway Joe x Terrify

Looks That Kill is another member of the Wild Nancy clan, which we have seen in these threads previously----her 4th dam being the superb producer, LLs Zara, who is the tail female line beneath such fine greyhounds as Tada (Minaki Zeke x No Boys Toy) who won the Grady Sprint Championship at Revere 2 years ago.....

...... Big Zee (Fortress x Pixie Zee), an excellent, stakes placed racer, and now a sire, carries LLs Zara as his 5th dam......

....Shootyz Groove (Ps Raising Cain x MJs Shadow), a winner of the Colorado Classic, can also trace his heritage to LLs Zara.

The Wild Nancy family is one of our most prolific domestic families. LLs Doug, the 100-race- plus winner and influential sire,is a member of it ….but if we extend the family back to include its European taproot, Sheffeld Lass, we see that it is also the family of the Hall Of Fame stayer, Beach Comber (More Taxes x Soapy Hands)!!

Solomon Sol is another very important sire from this family, a son of Wild Nancy herself and the 2nd damsire to Jeno’s Leo Go, who is the 2nd damsire to Looks That Kill.

Country Trooper, the damsire to Looks That Kill, brings in a dose of the Classy Clemma>Transpat family of Gable Dodge, through his dam, the great Wise Liz----who is the direct branch beneath American Derby winner Dueces Wild (Molotov x Pookys Rowdy) and the fine racer and sire, Black Streaker (Unruly x Fast Liz). This family is asserting itself as one of the most important in the contemporary scene----as have so many of the “American Derby proven” families. As we have mentioned, this is the family of Mellojean, the littermate to Transpat, who was a winner of that greatest of all stakes races.

My Broadway Joe, the sire of Looks That Kill, is another in the long line of fine greyhounds to emerge from the Court Ace family, through Michigan Vickey, who is his 4th dam……making him a member of the same direct family as that of American Derby winner PL Greer, and Hall of Fame stayer Ps Rambling…..’nuff said.

Guest wendigo

I got goosebumps reading about the Flak race too. I have been watching Zoey's sibs racing at Seabrook and Wheeling, and one of them, Wind Assassin, gets my heart in my throat every time I watch him. He like to explode to the front early and really kicks it into gear on the backstretch. He's "family" so I love to cheer him on. :)

My Mom was so thrilled with the pedigree analysis for her girl Marnita that she is having it done in calligraphy and framed. I can't thank you enough Rockingship, your poor fingers must be ready to fall off from all of this work!

Guest Sam_Roscoes_Mom

Rockingship I do talk to Mark Adams and he knows about Sam and is happy for for him. He is a nice guy and I love hearing about the Mesa Greys.

Edited by Sam&RoscoesMom

Guest rockingship

Sam&RoscoesMom....Mark is an interesting guy who seems to have had a fascinating (to me anyway) life, and has been around the dogs for a long time, with quite a bit of success, I might add.....it was a crusher for him when his excellent racer, Mesa Cinnamon, passed away recently....she might have been the centerpiece of his breeding program for years. That's a tough shot for a small breeder to take. Mark always does right by his greyhounds.

Blitzen&Simone.....I saw that movie, but I don't recall the context of the racing scene....I wonder if they filmed it at Revere?....it's too bad that the AGTOA has never seen fit to produce a promotional tape of great moments in greyhound racing.....but there is a guy who might help you-----if you call the NGA, you can get a contact number for Henry Maxim......he has films of many great races and racers of the past. At one point he was selling them for a small fee, on CD, if I'm not mistaken. But it might be worth your while to inquire the NGA of his whereabouts (they wil know, as he has written many wonderful articles for the Greyhound Review). He is a pre-eminent historian as well----and has forgotten more than I will ever know. You might also be interested in the book, "The Road From Emeryville" by Paul C Hartwell, which the NGA should still have some copies of for sale. It is the story of greyhound racing from its earliest roots, from the gypsy tracks in California, to the 70s/80s ( circa, when the book was written) by one of the sport's pioneers.

Wendigo.....I'm thrilled that your Mom was pleased upon hearing of Marnita's illustrious relatives. The pedigree records of greyhounds are an endless source of fascination to me, and it would probably take me several lifetimes to understand it all.....but it's a lot of fun tryng.

Guest rockingship

Penny

System TP Filly by Twilite Reward x Pistachio

This greyhound is a half sibling to the powerful stayer, System Pita Rita (System Carl x Pistachio) who won the prestigious Multnomah Derby (Oregon) 2 years in a row.

Pistachio, her dam, is a littermate to Evening Memory and Rocksteady Eddie, both highly accomplished track dogs and sires. Another member of that litter is the dam of Fortified Speed and Fortified Power (Fortress x Awesome Memory), two other accomplished racers and sires. Very impressive relations.

She is, as we can see, from the female family of Promesse>>>>Miss Corelli, whom we have mentioned before, is the foundation dam of many of the great greyhounds who carry the famous “Oshkosh” prefix.

Her 2nd damsire is Big Ziggy, a sensational but ill-fated greyhound of Tex Block’s, another in the long line of “Jones” family members which made Tex famous, and had such a profound impact on our current day racing greyhounds.

Ziggy’s 2nd dam, Linda Jones, is a littermate to the more famous Elsie Jones, who is the dam of Onie, Kelly and Ruth Jones, who are prepotent influences in the pedigrees of so many outstanding racers and breeders, that a transcription of them would be voluminous.

Linda Jones herself, the 2nd dam to Big Ziggy, was no slouch either-----and she is the direct female line to St Pete Distance Classic champ and All American Oxford Shoes (Kelsos Hot Rod x Tender Handmaid), the good sire Final Ascent (Torrey Pines x Cape Quest)----and the excellent sires Empire (President Day x Karla Jones) and Kelton (Tara Bounder x Karla Jones), who is the paternal grandsire to HBs Commander, the damsire to System TP Filly.

Twilite Reward, the sire of System TP Filly, is from the Kinto Girl>Michigan Vickey family, which we have discussed previously…..and Twilight Reward carries the superb Dark Rumor, of the Randle Kennels, as his damsire------who brings in the Medora branch of the Miss Judy family, through the great Gurley, his 2nd dam…..which is another branch of Miss Judy, also the female family of HBs Commander……and the Medora branch is the family (through Je Nay,, whose 2nd dam is Medora) of Tara Bounder, the sire of Kelton, and the family of Akbar, the sire of HBs Commander himself.

Guest rockingship

Nancy

Craigie B Cool by Craigie B There x My Country Belle

This is a greyhound raised by John Boyd and family, formerly of Scotland, now based in America…..who, like myself, was once a trainer for the Pat Dalton Kennel.

It appears that the attempt has been made to linebreed the Michigan Vickey>>>Court Ace family, from which both parents descend.

They each share the common tail female ancestor, Veda Faith, who is the direct female ancestor to the fine sire and Dairyland Futurity winner, My Boilermaker (by VV County Barn), who is a half-sibling to My Country Belle.

My Janette, the 2nd dam to Craigie B Cool, is the full sibling to My Janaray, the dam of the accomplished sire, My Broadway Joe, by King Kev.

Damsire Country Pleasure comes down to us from the female family of Glenbawn Lass, through Meanwhile, the dam of the great 100 race winner Miss Whirl-----whose sibling, Ryans Tiny (Eds Silver Putty x Meanwhile) is the 4th dam to Country Pleasure.

Now, if we look at Shredder (damsire to Country Pleasure), a relentless campaigner on the old Miami circuit, we can see that his sire, Axe Maker, is a son of Miss Whirl herself. Shredder’s damsire is none other than the great American Derby winner Cactus Noel (Metal Jet x Lorettas Pick).

Cactus Noel is also the damsire to Big Ziggy (Sunbows Best x Karla Jones), whose “cousin”, Onie Jones, he of the Hall Of Fame, anchors the sireline of My Country Belle....and whose full sibling, Kelly, anchors the sireline of Craigie B There.

Furthermore, Country Pleasure carries as paternal and maternal damsires, respectively, the Elsie Moss sons, Max Moss (by Which Chariot) the damsire to the immortal Ks Flak….and Bill Moss (by Black Top) the damsire to Fine Art.

They are from the immeasurably successful family of Frances Colleen, which is an Australian classic, and the direct family of Tell You Why, our most important “modern” sire…and whose sibling, Metal Jet, is the sire of Cactus Noel, and whose other sibling, Magic Babe, is the sire of Elsie Moss!!!

**editorial comment.....Nancy, my guess is that the greyhounds from this litter could stay as long as the proverbial "mother-in-law".......they are bred to run all day long....perhaps not quite fast enough, but the bloodline is saturated with stamina-tpye aptitude.

Edited by rockingship

Rockingship, I hope you'll see this.....

both of my boys, Andy (Full Details) and Josh (Great Contender) are from the Pat Dalton Kennels. I've met John Dalton and he is truly a wonderful gentleman.

If you worked as a trainer for the Daltons, would you possibly have had any interactment with either of my boys' relatives?

Thank you very much for this ancestory history lesson, I'm waiting so very anxiously to read about my boys.

Thank you again!

Kelly and the boys

Andy (Full Details), Savage (SanTan SavageTry), Tag (C Ya Tag Heuer), Hamlet (Huntington's Monarch Hamlet),

and Cleopatra (Huntington's Cleopatra)

Never forgotten & Always in my heart, Shawn (Call Me Gone) 02/09/99 - 03/23/06

and Josh (Great Contender*) 01/11/98 - 11/29/07

6be773b747390028badb20f184e30be3.jpg

Guest rockingship

Keiko....I handled a few of the Maythorn Pride (damline below Great Contender) offsprings....and some of her daughters offsprings....she had several litters of which some offspring were sent here to the USA. Fluff, if I am recalling correctly, was the best of them....a big, not-too-bright, dark brindle lightning bolt, who could keep up with anyone for 500 yards.....unfortunately, our races here are 550 yards----so Fluff was sent over to Ireland, upon finishing out his successful racing career here.... and had a modest career as a sire over there. BTW, greyhound-data.com does not have a listing for Full Details----do you know who his parents were?

Guest rockingship

Oops...Keiko, I see that you have listed the full details for Full Details in the other thread....I don't recall if Strange Legend came to the USA....I think the SandMan/Maythorn Pride litter stayed over there, except for Kasco Queen----who I think was part of that litter----and who broke a hock at Revere early on, and was retired for breeding.

Guest Nancy

Thanks, Rockingship!! I learned a lot from your analysis. He love to go for long long walks (1 1/2 - 2) that other greys balk at, maybe that his endurance breeding shinning through.

I just copied it and put it with all his pedigree info! Thanks again!

Edited by Nancy

Hi Rockingship, that is too funny about Fluff, one of Josh's (Great Contender's) relatives as Josh is also a big (92#) dark brindle who is not extremely bright but I believe a pretty good racer. He ran the 3/8 mile and boy when he kicked in those after burners.... look out! :P He was retired due to a tear in his shoulder muscle and he never could pick back up his endurance.

I can't wait to read what you know about my boys' ancestory!

Thanks again! :colgate

Edited by keiko

Kelly and the boys

Andy (Full Details), Savage (SanTan SavageTry), Tag (C Ya Tag Heuer), Hamlet (Huntington's Monarch Hamlet),

and Cleopatra (Huntington's Cleopatra)

Never forgotten & Always in my heart, Shawn (Call Me Gone) 02/09/99 - 03/23/06

and Josh (Great Contender*) 01/11/98 - 11/29/07

6be773b747390028badb20f184e30be3.jpg

Guest rockingship

Keiko

Full Details by Wigwam Wag x Busy Weekend

As we have noted, this greyhound emerges from the Maythorn Pride branch of the Inler May family of Ireland. This is the bloodline of Pat Dalton.

It should be noted, that in the first instance, the legendary OK Duke (greyhounds with the past-tense suffix “ed” are OK Dukes…like Kithed and Caprioled) had acquired some offsprings of Noisy Phil, the dam of Maythorn Pride, and had a good deal of success with them. One of them, a sibling to Maythorn Pride, was Music Pride…whose mating to Kithed, produced the Hollywood World Classic winner, Enisled. …..which made Enisled a close relative to Fluff, by Kithed x Maythorn Pride.

A sibling of Enisled, Misliked, is the damline below the sires Task Haughty Do (Hello Higsbee x Dutchess Girl) and the successful Task Noa Frenzy (Nicky Finn x Miss Fat Cat).

But far and away, the most stellar representative of the Maythorn Pride breeding phenomenon, would have to be Miss Hilary (Sand Man x Maythorn Pride), a full sibling to Strange Legend, the 3rd dam to Full Details. Miss Hilary is the dam of the fine performers and successful sires Tipp Lad, Stormy Voyage, Planet Boy, Lucky Artist, Science Year and Lifelong Buddy…she is the 2nd dam to the superb and highly prolific sire Fortress, and the lesser known My Rooster, and My Mr Bocephus.

Miss Hilary is the subject of linebreeding in the pedigree of Great Race winner Gable Vermillion (Gable Dodge x Seegold Panache), and that is good news for breeders, with the ascendancy of Gable Dodge to the elite ranks of prepotent sires, where Fortress made his most impressive stand some time ago.

Other members of this illustrious family are the fabulous Dodgem By Design (Gable Dodge x Crusin By Design), now at stud, along with Rasta Pup (Ps Raising Cain x Busy Weekend), Westexas (HBs Commander x West Final), and Derby Day (Some Picture x Wise Flyer).

Damsire to Full Details, Curryhills Fox, brings in a tail line to the wildly prolific Skipping Chick, herself a breeding icon across the water, and the direct female ancestor to Daleys Gold (Lindas Champion x Ballinderry Moth), who is the damsire to Minaki Zeke….who is from another branch of the family of Inler May….through the great Yurituni (Pigalle Wonder x Rather Fancy).

In a pedigree that is basically an outcross, sire of Full Details, the highly influential son of the great Understood, Wigwam Wag, carries in the family of Wild Nancy, which makes Wigwam Wag a direct family relative of the great OK Troy (Rooster Cogburn x Wise Hanna) a Great Race winner and a sire of some merit, as well as contemporary sires Chicks Racey (Oshkosh Racey x Chicks Donna), Big Zee (Fortress x Pixie Zee) and Gracleand Blaze (Ps Raising Cain x Lissas Diamond).

Guest rockingship

Keiko

Great Contender by Shanless Slippy x Wise Beauty

Great Contender is an imported family relative of Full Details, as his 4th dam, Bleak Weather, is a full sibling to Strange Legend.

His sire, Shanless Slippy, is by the terrific Murlens Slippy, a tenacious track competitor in Ireland, and a sire of high accomplishment-----whose 2nd dam, Slight Chill, is yet another family member, of the same parentage as Strange Legend, Miss Hilary and Bleak Weather

Slight Chill, is arguably, in addition to Miss Hilary, the other most successful carrier of the Maythorn Pride breeding phenomenon.

Murlens Slippy, for his part, is an Irish version of Fortress, being the damsire to Flying Earnhardt (Flying Penske x Flying Birch), a recent Hollywood World Classic winner.

He is also the sire of Westmead Merlin, himself a great sire, and a Group 1 stakes winner while racing. Murlens Slippy is also the damsire to Flying Waterford (Greys Statesman x Westmead Date) now at stud in the USA.

Droopys Kewell, winner of the prestigious Irish St Leger Stakes, is another of Slight Chill’s illustrious descendents, and has recently begun his sire career across the Atlantic. there are many more of them across the water, and the nature of their contribution is so widespread, that it is impossible to list them all here-----it is more likely the subject of a short book.

Bleak Weather, for her part, is the direct female ancestor to the previously mentioned Limerick Puppy Stakes champ, Derby Day, now at stud in the US…..as well as the great Iron Rail (For Real x Merry Tasse), a superb and talented performer for the Pat Dalton Kennel here in the USA. He led in the final of the Biscayne Irish American, until a torn muscle caused him to falter. Said Pat Dalton of Iron Rail….”He is one of the greatest dogs I ever raced”…..believe me, that statement covers a lot of ground, and is a testament to the closest female family relative of Great Contender to have distinguished himself by his noteworthy track performance.

Great Contender’s damsire is the remarkable HBs Commander, who descends from the equally remarkable Miss Judy family, which is also the taproot family of Buzz Off, one of our greatest female producers of all time, though it is another branch of Miss Judy. We have discussed Miss Judy's profound contributions in many of these other pieces.

Shanless Slippy is from the female family of Turkey Tamer, predominatly an Irish based family, but also the family, in the US, of the winner of the Hecht Marathon, Big Boy Baggio (Rodney Ramm x Rogina Belle) and Superman Fast (Blazing Desire x Molley West), a recent winner of the Timberline Stakes.

Edited by rockingship

Guest msshorelinestar

thanks rock for your hard work

Would like to take a moment to thank all of those who have sent donations to help ,move these dogs. they are going slowly but surely.

rock on a more personal note both of my girls are going to be bred and suggestions?

THANK YOU ALL GREYTALKERS

penny