Help Rehome The Conn. Greyhounds...

Guest rockingship

Guest rockingship

Barbie

La Machine by Lee's Bold x Wendy Copy

La Machine is another one of our Greytalk greyhounds who can trace her heritage directly to one of the great icons of American breeding. We are speaking, of course, of the Hall of Fame brood matron, My Kit (My Laddie x Kitty Dunn), who is her 11th dam.

My Kit is the dam of the 3 great brothers by Lucky Roll, named Time Bomb, Scatter Brain and Buzzie Roll....who would go on to have a profound effect upon our domestic racing greyhounds, as sires of great historical importance.

As a matter of fact, we can see that Stylish Bomb, the 7th dam to La Machine, is a daughter of Time Bomb.

Scatter Brain is the sire of the first American Derby winner, the great Oklahman (x Real Pansy).

These brothers are conspicuous in the pedigree also, of the 1953 American Derby winner, However----who is a daughter of Oklahoman, and whose damsire is Buzzie Roll.

Stylish Bomb, meanwhile, in addition to being in the direct female family of La Machine, is also the 3rd dam to 1973 American Derby winner Junes Tuffy (Rifemeir x Cool June). Junes Tuffy can be found in the pedigrees of Marathon Champion Rastro Ricky (Bahama Tip x What About Win) and contemporary sire Flawless Start (Tipi Tip x Busy Weekend).

This is also the direct family of the great Charlie Rink Taunton champion, Loopy Loop (IWs Owl x Quicken Quartet), who is the dam of Hoefers Boy, by Hoefer, who is the sire of BJ Gentleman Jim, an All American stayer , himself the sire of the great Briggs Stratton, a 2 time winner of the prestigious Hollywood World Classic (x JW Highlight).

Wendy Copy, the dam of La Machine, is a littermate to Rodney Ramm, a reasonably successful sire, whose son, Big Boy Baggio (x Rogina Bella) is currently at stud.

Damsire to La Machine, Darryl Ramm, is another from the Yurituni branch of the great Inler May family, which is also the family of Oswald Cobblepot, Minaki Zeke, (Hollywood World Classic winner) Kelsos Kingpin, and the promising young sire, Barts Email.

Sire Lees Bold, comes from the April Merry branch of the same Inler May family of Ireland, and this is the branch of the great UK racer and subject of a Sports Illustrated article on her winning streak, Westpark Mustard (Newdown Heather x April Merry). The great contemporary 'charity' racer, Late Late Show (Spiral Nikita x Ullid Citrate) is the current sensational exponent of this family, and reportedly has won more money than any greyound in the history of the sport....currently at stud in the UK.

La Machine is a dandy almagamation of some of the finest bloodlines in breeding.

Edited by rockingship

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rockingship,

My boy is Bounty Boon. Sire and dam are Molotov and Rodeo Tammy.

Thanks,

Donna

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

I know I'm echoing another post, but is it still possible for you to look up my grey's history/pedigree?? I would absolutely love to have more information about him! I have found his pedigree on greyhound data but I don't know much about his ancestors, they are just names to me, and I would love to know more!

Sully's racing name was Diamian, his sire was Fortress*, and his dam was Syrah.

Thanks!

Rachael

In vino veritas
Rachael with Rook, missing Sully, Sebau, and Diesel

Guest SiriusMom

Wow! What a great history lesson. Thank you so much.

If you're still offering I'd love to know more about my guy too.

Racing Name: Sly Spur

Sire: My Boots Bingham

Dam: Cheyenne Andrea

Guest DemasMom

Rockingship:

This is the link for my pupper Demas (Bella Eddie):

http://www.greyhound-data.com/db.php?z=R1x...9&d=Bella+Eddie

I know he raced at Tucson Greyhound Park but I don't know why he was retired or exactly when he retired. I think it may have been a back injury but thats just a guess. His sibs Bella Tucson and Bella Slickster are still racing in Tucson. Bella Blanco appears to be a brood momma from what I know. I don't know what has happened to Bella Romo.

Any info on his racing history or pedigree would be much appreciated. My check is in the mail.

Thanks so much.

Nikia

Guest CocktailGirl

I know this is really late from the original post. I will be sending my donation out today and will be looking forward to the historical overview of my furkids' family.

Her racing name is TM's Slim Queen and her sire and dam are Oshkosh Schemer and Mohican About. She raced at Seabrook in New Hampshire.

Here is her info in the Greyhound-Data web site TM's Slim Queen

Guest Easy&Becker's Mom

Hi Rockingship,

I know we're a lot late in the game, but both of my greys are from Painfield, as are their brother and sisters, so we'll be sending a nice sum $$ to Kathy at Plainfield.

KL Easy Lovin (Easy) and KL Badtothebone (Becker) are littermates.

Sire: Twilite Reward, Dam: Hiheelsinmotion, Birthday: 7/10/99. I'm really interested/worried about their other sibs: KL ActionJackson, KL Cash Reward, KL Ginger. Any help would be much appreciated!!

Easy and Becker's Mom

Easy's Grey Data

Becker's Grey Data

• 2 weeks later...

I know it's late -- but could we get in on this. I will mail check to one the following today.

Send checks to:

Plainfield Pets

c/o Karen Keelan

137 Lathrop Rd

Plainfield, CT 06374

She didn't ask, but I'd stick a quick note saying the checks are to help home/care for the lastest group of dogs.

And she says "THANK YOU"

OR

Penny Zwart, Greyhound Adoptions

Shoreline Star Greyhound Park

255 Kossuth Street

Bridgeport, CT 06608

JP Match Play and Horton's We Good links to Grey-Data below

thanks!

Guest shiningstar

Rockingship, Would you mind doing Star's pedigree overview & racing info?

Greys Song Star

Dam: Greys Shootnstar

Sire: My Saturn

R. F. Whelped 8-30-00

Racing owner: Ernest J. Butler: raced at Southland

Litter Mates: Greys Disco Star, Greys Opera Star,

Greys Dixie Star, Greys Stage Star,

Greys Music Star

Thank you very much-will send check!

Edited by shiningstar

If you have time I would love to hear more about my recently adopted boys. I sent in my donations to Penny Zwart.

I know you're busy - no rush!

The grey-data links are at the bottom for JP Match Play and Horton's We Good.

JP Match Play

On Wisonsin X Sunwhirl

Whelped 11/16/1996

Horton's We Good

DLB's Codybegood X Zekes Flyer

Whelped 11/21/1998

Thanks so much for your efforts!

Angela

Guest victorianrose23

What if I only have her tattoo number to go by? I have the info from the vet she went to before she came to the rescue here, but her race name, owner/trainer info, etc. is all missing. I really would like to find out her pedigree, her racing stats, etc. I've already sent money to the Conn. greyhounds, but plan on sending more as I can afford it. Her left ear tatto is 95077 and her right ear tattoo is 41B. If you can't find the info for me, I understand. But maybe you could point me somewhere I *can* get it?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...