Help Rehome The Conn. Greyhounds...

Guest rockingship

Guest Joyce_N_DaBoyz

Hee, well, I've always known the lineage of my greyhounds but just had much fun reading some of your commentaries! $20 off to Plainsfield and here are links to my 2 boyz lineages when you have time to take a look at them:

Malachi Threeten (Eagle)

DV's Sir John (Jester)

Thanks bunches Rock!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest rockingship

Barbie....just call them....the girl there will take your info and they are pretty prompt with their responses.

Guest rockingship

Ok, Penny....you win the prize in the "Stump the Pedigree Drone" contest....I could only dig up info on the 2 of your gang , whom I have already posted on-----both impressively bred, I might add....but I have no inkling about the others.....I can't link them to anyone I have in my records.

I'll send a check off tomorrow to Plainfield where Chip Mc Grath is from.

racing name: Chip Mc Grath

sire: P's Raising Cain

dam:Holly D

Chip Mc Grath

Thanks! Keep up the good work...very interesting.

Also where can I buy a video of Chip racing? I know he won first (01/18/02), second and third at Plainfield.

Guest rockingship

I would like to apologize to all who have been so patient and are still waiting.....have been experiencing some computer difficulties, including a dead modem.....things are still a bit shaky with this old thing (not me, the computer)....hopefully I will have it straightened out satifactorily tonight or tomorrow, and will resume the responses ASAP.

Guest rockingship

Msjpk....Shannon Evening is already in the "Pedigree Overviews" topic......pretty impressive bloodlines, too.

Guest sherpays

Rockingship...I take it your undertaking here has been quite successful. Hope your not overwhelmed...

Anyhow...

Even though my boy never raced, (he was definitely meant to be a pet :lol ) I am still very curious about him. His dam was an Irish import, so I have never been able to find out much about that side of him. I am particularly interested as to why he didn't make the grade. That might be something you can't find out. I really appreciate your time and the check is in the mail.

Pa's Marlin Frost - registered owner - Pierre Amestoy

sire - Grey's Frostbite

dam - Judge Mary

Guest rockingship

Myboyz----Laurie...

I'm sorry, but I have not been able to uncover any info on the dam Club Prestige.... (I seem to think she raced at Lincoln).....I have a few folks I can write who may be able to help. I went through a bunch of old periodicals and race charts, but have not seen mention of her. Worst case scenario is to call the NGA and request a 4 generation pedigree, for which there is a nominal fee (I agree, it should be free).

Edited by rockingship

Guest rockingship

Sherpays....I have dashed off a note to a friend in Ireland who, hopefully, can provide us with the breeding info on Judge Mary, who was an import.....I think I'll post the question on Global, too, if you don't mind.....I have no records of a Judge Mary from Ireland----and neither does greyhound data. Sorry for the delay......and for any others whose origins I have not yet uncovered....it isn't from a lack of trying. (if only I hadn't lent out all my old studbooks and not gotten them back....darn)

Guest Elizabeth

Hi Rockingship,

I'll be sending a check for $20.00 to the Plainfield location.

Here are links on greyhound-data for my two pups. Any additionial info you can find out would be great. I can see you've got a lot of dogs to research, so no hurry :-)

[link http://www.greyhound-data.com/db.php?i=469472]Splatter[/link] from Fortress x Miss Espy

[link http://www.greyhound-data.com/db.php?d=ben+that]Ben That[/link] from Ben Sure x Bland Bee

Thanks again,

Elizabeth

Guest rockingship

Elizabeth, thanks....I am clearing up a few pedigree quandaries for a few breeders, and I'll get right on them ASAP.....

Edited by rockingship

Guest Konasmom

MDM Wildthang

I just wrote my check and will drop it in the mail tomorrow. Kona's racing name was "MDM Wildthang", Dam "P's Beta Star", Sire "P's Skidway". I've included the link above. She should be an easy one (though longish perhaps), she has a lot of dogs in her history that I've even heard of!! I believe she raced in New Hampshire or Connecticut. She is exceptionally affectionate so I always wonder if she had a special place in someone's heart up there.

Thanks! And good going with the creative fundraiser!! Konasmom

• 2 weeks later...
Guest rockingship

Yikes!

Konasmom....I just realized that although I did MDM Wildthangs pedigree piece days ago, I did not post it......

I'm very sorry that you had to wait......it's a good thing I saved it, I thought I had posted it last week.....geesh.....thankyou for being so patient and for helping the greyhounds in CT.

It's up there now..... :blush

Edited by rockingship

Guest Konasmom

No problem! I just figured that your life got in the way as mine often does... thanks for posting... very interesting! -Konasmom

Guest CatherineC

Rockingship, if you are still doing the pedigrees, I would love to have my boy Georgie's. His racing name is Stormy King - sire is Oswald Cobblepot out of She Drops Bombs. You already did a pedigree for HoJo's Mom's Raisin Bran -- I have her full sister Lucky Charm -- so I will send for two dogs, since I got the benefit. (If you are tired of doing this, I will send the money anyway. I have really enjoyed reading everyone else's.)

Guest rockingship

Catherine....I never get tired of reading pedigrees....what I get is overwhelmed by my communications with breeders and the research that needs to be done. It would all be so much easier if the NGA would make an automated database avilable to breeders, so that critical family information is accessible, without continually pestering the few folks who have a great many stud books, where that info can sometimes, eventually be ascertained. Thanks for your support, I'll get to it asap.

Edited by rockingship

Guest dngrpronedaf

Rock, if you're still doing pedigrees I've recently adopted Blend of Honey link below

http://www.greyhound-data.com/db.php?d=blend+of+honey

& Smith & Jones link below

http://www.greyhound-data.com/db.php?d=Smith+And+Jones

As somebody previously posted, if you're not, I'll send the $20.00 anyway. I too have enjoyed reading not only the pedigrees but you're insightful, articulate and fascinating posts to this forum. How lucky for us!!!

Warmly,

Fran

***sending check tomorrow to the address listed!***

Edited by Fran

Just curious -- any idea how much $$ has been generated by this little idea you had, Rockingship?

edit:

Since I was curious, I just went through this thread, and marked down everytime someone said they were sending a check. Someone sent $50 - but I think it was Canadian - no idea what that is in USD, and not sure if it was USD or Canadian, so I'm keeping it separate.

Some folks were unclear as to amount sent (which is cool - it's not about bragging rights). I counted $10 for each dog asked about (and one person listed SIX dogs!), and I've got a hunch this total will be conservative, but even before adding it up, it's impressive. :)

I'm counting 52 times someone said "check's in the mail" or words to that affect. I'll be back with a total (estimated) after I've dug out my calculator.

ok, I'm back... looks like GTers have sent in somewhere in the neighborhood of $850, plus that $50 I'm not sure is US or Canadian.

:yay:yay:confetti:confetti:clap:clap:bounce1:bounce1:bounce:bounce :bannana :bannana :cool:cool:crazy:crazy:grouphug:grouphug:pinkele:pinkele:bighug:bighug:angel:angel:cheers:cheers:bounce8:bounce8

Edited by gabc

Mary Semper Fi, Dad - I miss you. Remembering Carla Benoist, a Greyhound/Pibble's bestest friend, Princess Zoe Brick-Butt, the little IG with the huge impact on hearts around the world - Miz Foxy - Greyhound Trish - Batman, the Roman-nosed Gentleman - Profile, the Handsome Man - Hunky the Hunkalicious - Jeany the Beautiful Lady- Zema, the most beautiful girl in the world - Jessie, the lovable nuisance - and my 3 Greys: my Angie-girl, my Casey-girl, and The Majestic Pippin, running forever in my heart. (I will always love you and miss you,my friends)

Guest 2dogz(from work)

I CAN'T BELIEVE I FINALLY READ THIS POST! WOW!

BINGO! SHAAAAZAM!

Please if you are still researching -I am more than

happy to send a check! My boy's name is Rainier

Robot, sire Fortress (Irish), dam is Bad Cynda.

His birthdate is 4/26/98 I believe. :colgate

Oh thank you thank you thank you! :)

I'm so excited!

I sent my check awhile back and received a nice thank you note from them. :) I was not expecting that, but thought it was awfully nice!

Kelli, if you read this... the letter came to us but the note was to Zara and Quincy! :lol Isn't that cute???

pharaoh.jpg

<span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'> LE 62663

</span></span>

<span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'> RE 126E

</span></span>