Help Rehome The Conn. Greyhounds...

Guest rockingship

Just licked the envelope shut and popping it in the mail.

I ask about Blitzen racing name ARDON ZINGER. This will be an easy one for ya. His sire was KID OCTANE and dam was ROUNDABOUT NASA. Both of these show the same lines. I recognize a lot of the names that you have mentioned. Rooster Cogburn appears more than once. They seem to be drawing from the same pool or going back and forth within the lines. Don't know the correct terms. Owner on NGA says the owner was Alan Rink. I know that you can read the data and almost know what the breeders hoped to get in the litter.

He was whelped 12/25/94 and registered 6/17/96 and released 10/96. His racing was brief if at all. I wonder if he was released because of slamming his mouth on whoever was next to him in the race. He does this to Simone when they are going outside. I think this is a big no on the track.

I know that he was bred to be a good racer but I wish I could tell them what a good job the breeding has done producing such a bright and issue-free dog. Had a brief time with space aggression which caused him to bounce. He was so easy.

tn_Simone_sClosetSig.jpg

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jeffers

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for posting Jeff's info, Rockingship! I can't imagine a better way to start a Monday Morning than logging on and reading that!

Sent the check out Saturday to Pups Without Partners!

Dont forget Bea! :P

Chata Beatrice (Pat C Best Yet x Conchata)

Edited by laurie

Laurie

**& Angels Emily, Beatrice, Okie, Rhemus ,Vixen, and Rose-always in my heart**

Guest tallahasseegreys

Just sent $30...$15 to Plainfield and $15 to Shoreline.

Lake Erie Lady by FMC's Wake Up X Corelish Marcia

Ode to Vixen by Flying Viper X Kbs Trouble Be

Flying Telecom by Flying Viper X Willowrun Mom

Note: Flying Telecom was never registered with the NGA. His pedigree can be seen if you search for Flying Att, one of his littermates. When adopted, we were told his name was Telecom. After contacting the NGA with tattoo #'s and seeing the names of his littermates, I assume his name would have been Flying Telecom. Also, we adopted Vixen about 2.5 years after Telecom. After having Vixen for over a year, I realized that she and Telecom have the same sire! Kinda cool. Thanks Rockingship. What a large task for you. I very patiently await your assessment.

Mike

Guest Sam_Roscoes_Mom

I have 2 Greyhounds

Mesa Rickie ------

Sire Oswald Cobblepot

Dame Mesa Jet

Owner Mark Adams

Roscoe--13 years old

Sire JRMS Roustabout

Dame Cristin

I know nothing about Roscoe as he was a return and I adopted him last year!

I am all for rehoming greyts so my money is on the way.

Guest Bumpers Barbie

I've sent the check for $20....

When you get time rockingship....the information is for :

Breezin Bumper, sire: Stoneage Fred, dam: La Machine.

I can't find any information on the dam, La Machine, who I have adopted as well - but that's okay - any additional information is appreciated.

Thank you again! :)

Rockingship, Thanks again for doing this. Not only is Austin nicely bred...he's also a good lookng boy!

Willow( Hi Tech Popandgo ) CGC #31965 Calico Salad x MayPop 8-9-93/9-24-07 Austin( Nodak Austin ) #55202 Chrisse's Twelve x Lotsa Liz 2-25-96/2-15-05 Matt( Kelsos Metaphor ) #90695 Oswald Cobblepot x Kelso's Movita 8-10-00/2-28-14 Buddy (Aljo Class Act) #78137 Action By Design x Miss Classy 12-8-98/8-29-09 Sonny (Onaim Excalibur)#97927 Flying Train x Rough Diamond 9-7-01/1-9-2016Hunter (SS Snow Roll) #35135 Craigie Whistler x Lightning Snow 10-4-2005/9-23-17 Leo (Yolo Empleo)#72060 4-13-18 Fiesta Paraguas x Mega Bien Hecho

Guest msshorelinestar

Hey Rock

I got a few I will make a donation as well honestly will even send plainfield some money

I have a few for you

Burmars Zodiac Field Flower is the dam

Empress Minarod??

Greek Oblique

Looks That Kill

System TP Filly

MSShorelineStar FortressX Jocks somebody??

Hows that my check to plainfield in the mail

Penny

Guest Guest_Goodguy

I have found that Island Blossom was adopted out last month by Greythap in Canada. I am sure she has a good home as Bill & Freddie do a very good job up there. Thanks again for adopting a Greyhound as they are all very special in their own way.

Best Wishes

Wayne

I have found that Island Blossom was adopted out last month by Greythap in Canada. I am sure she has a good home as Bill & Freddie do a very good job up there. Thanks again for adopting a Greyhound as they are all very special in their own way.

Best Wishes

Wayne

Wayne, this is such greyt news!! :colgate Ironically, just today I did an internet search with her name to see if I could find out anything. I've been keeping an eye on adoption groups in the northeast, but didn't even think about north of the border. I've never heard of this group - Greythap - do they have a web site? I'd love to get in contact with whoever adopted her, as it would be fun to see what she looks like, and to learn of her personality, etc. I'm so thrilled to know that she is in a home :). Can you suggest a way for me to get in touch with them?

Many, many thanks, Wayne :P .

Mom to Daisy (1999-2012), LB (aka Little Bit), and Sammy James (aka Sammy or Buddy)

Guest Nancy

Rockingship,

Thanks so much for all you have done!! I'm sending in my check now too. I would love to hear about my Craigie B Cool who was the son of Craigie B There X My Country Belle. I always wondered why these two were chosen to breed because they both never ran as far as I know. Also most of the litter mates didn't run (as far as I know). You can click on the pedigree in my sig. This is so much fun learning about all the GT greys and I can't wait to hear about my own!! Nancy

Guest rockingship

Blitzen&Simone.....the Hall of Fame in Abilene, is just like any other Hall of Fame....it honors those greyhounds who were considered to be head and shoulders above their peers....like Tumble Bug, who was the sire of Rocket Jet---the sire of Tell You Why and his amazingly influential siblings. Interestingly enough, the Tumble Bug sireline is the dominant sireline in the USA, by a long way, even though Tumble Bug was Australian-----in Australia, the dominant sireline is Bella's Prince----an Irish dog, whose male line descendent is Temlee, whose exploits at stud virtually eclipsed their other sirelines. Fortunatley for the Australian breed, it is now possible to introduce other sirelines and other families via frozen semen, and the diversity of the American greyhound melting pot.

Hello,

I will send in $20 to help the greys.

Rockingship thank you for what you are doing, this is GREYT!!!

My boys are:

Full Details - sire: Wigwam Wag - dam: Busy Weekend; whelped 7/11/98 & he's a Texas boy

Great Contender - sire: Shanless Slippy - dam: Wise Beauty; whelped 1/1/98 & he's Irish by the way

Thanks a zillion for doing this, it's so cool!!!

I can't wait to read about my boys! :colgate:colgate

Kelly and the boys

Andy (Full Details), Savage (SanTan SavageTry), Tag (C Ya Tag Heuer), Hamlet (Huntington's Monarch Hamlet),

and Cleopatra (Huntington's Cleopatra)

Never forgotten & Always in my heart, Shawn (Call Me Gone) 02/09/99 - 03/23/06

and Josh (Great Contender*) 01/11/98 - 11/29/07

6be773b747390028badb20f184e30be3.jpg

Guest sherylw

Hello,

this sounds like a great cause and I will send 20.00 also, only one pup though!

Kiowa Magic Pal (Nikki)

father:flying train

mother: ctw magic genie

birthdate 5-1-99

Rockingship, Hope Trouper Zeke's semen was frozen because I think 1241 pups is a bit much for one guy. He is Simone's sire and obviously a lot of other greys too. I cannot believe I am even writing this, but his semen must really freeze well.

If it was done the old-fashion way, he must be one happy dog.

When you speak of compression, do you mean the line has died out or the traits are no longer strong in that line so it is no longer sought after?

Talking about totals, I just thought that my check will have Bears of Southampton. I did put a note on it about being from GT.

tn_Simone_sClosetSig.jpg

Guest rockingship

Compression means that the line was unable to breed back to the immediate offsprings of those from it, who were so abundantly successful. For example, Westy Whizzer was a great sire....some of his sons were as well.....no one who had Kinto Nebo within the first 3 removes of their female's pedigree, however, would have been inclined to breed that tightly----at least none of those breedings, if they took place, have bred through....now, since Westy Whizzer and several of his sons and grandsons comprised a disproportionate percentage of the prepotent and "best" sire population----the immediate female descendents of Kinto Nebo were at a breeding disadvantage for a couple of generations. So a lot of them did "breed out". And to complicate the dilemma, Caprioled, who carries Kinto Nebo as his 2nd dam----was also a dominant sire.

Edited by rockingship

Guest BonnieJ

Hi,

This is exciting,I'd love to know more about my Ray.

Registered name:Ray Saul

Sire:Rodney Ramm

Dam:Darling Run

The check is in the mail

Thanks

Guest myboyz

This is greyt. I have 2 boyz for which I'm sending you a check. Thanks a million!

Price War by Big Blitz and Beyond Panic born 7/26/97

Club Galaxy by Flying Train and Club Prestige born 7/98 (extemely limited info on this boy) :(

Thanks again!

Laurie

Guest rockingship

Sam&Roscoe's Mom....I have no information, nor any records of the dam Cristin....greyhound-data lists her, but has no sire and dam for her.....I can tell you about Sports Special's lineage....but he isn't the "family" ..... but if you can get the dam's info,we can do a proper job of it.

Edited by rockingship

Guest rockingship

Barbie.....sorry, but there are also no records among my files of La Machine....greyhound data also lists her, but gives no parentage.

Rather than just give singular info on the sire, I would prefer to wait until such time as any of you might care to contact the NGA and obtain the 4 generation pedigree of those whom we cannot identify. Then we can take a more comprehensive look at their lineage. Of course, if you wish, we could just do Stoneage Fred.....?

Try as I may, I can't keep up to the crushing data overload that is intrinsic to being THE definitive pedigree source-----and the NGA is too cheap to spend the money to database their info----so there is just no defintive source of this information. Just a few folks who try to keep up as best they can. I apologise to any whose greyhounds I have not been able to identify......but I'll need some help on some of them.

Edited by rockingship

Guest Bumpers Barbie

No - thank you, that's okay rockingship - I'd rather do something once I can find out more about La Machine - since racing lines go thru the dam - and I have mother and daughter - it would mean more that way.

How do I find more information or track it down further? I have the ear tattoos, of course, but not much else. How do I request information from NGA for a 4 gen. pedigree?

Thank you again - and I've been enjoying reading about all of the other wonderful hounds history here - it's like researching family geneology and finding all those famous relatives....I'm waiting to see who has the "plymouth hound" in their past! :lol