Help Rehome The Conn. Greyhounds...

Guest rockingship

Count "Shannon Evening" (AKA PAXX) in.

She raced at Plainfield. Dam Oshkosh Quake, Sire Nastar Racer- I know she had sisters and one brother. She didn't run long, but no luck about her siblings. I am trying to find out if all her siblings were adopted and where.

PAXX lives in Rockaway, NJ.

My check is in the mail. Thanks Rockinship, you are greyt.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My $20 is on its way as well... and you've already told me so much about Kelso that you can skip him! (I wish I knew WHERE he was born...how do you find that out?)

You ROCKingship... :lol

(I'm going to meet Penny on 6/7 at the GRR Picnic in Bethel CT...I'm looking forward to it.)

Guest Pat Hart

Hi,

I live in Canada and work with G.I.N.A. and I will be sending a money order for 50.00 to the Plainsfield Pets.

Pat

my e-mail is c.p.apache@cogeco.ca :rolleyes:

The check, as they say, is in the mail!!!

How about Chata Beatrice, ten year old former racer and brood mom? We'd love to get some info on her!!

Thanks!

Laurie

**& Angels Emily, Beatrice, Okie, Rhemus ,Vixen, and Rose-always in my heart**

God bless you for doing this. I have spend hours trying to find where they came from. I have a lot of info including their registration and owners. So many people on GT seem to know the breeders and where they raced. I find that amazing.

This is so progrey. It gives meaning to everything that you have talked with regard to the integrity of the breed and how racing greys is something that must be continued.

tn_Simone_sClosetSig.jpg

Guest cindysmom

Thank you so much Rockingship, for the data on my hounds! I guess me renaming Finn (a fine Irish name), before I even knew his background, was Fate!

Check on it's way. I will only ask about two of mine, since they are related, having the same dam.

Nina's Qutie

http://www.greyhound-data.com/db.php?d=Nina%27s+Qutie

Nina's Bandit

http://www.greyhound-data.com/db.php?d=Nina%27s+Bandit

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

I'm sending my 10 spot today.

Would like to know about Raisin.

EG Raisin Bran

94C 42322

Sire: Birror; Dam: Profits Jessica

(If I still qualify for this deal...thx!)

ATASCOSITA DIAZ - MY WONDER DOG!
Missing our Raisin: 9/9/94 - 7/20/08, our Super Bea: 2003 - 12/16/09, our Howie: 9/17/97 - 4/9/11, our Bull: 8/7/00 - 1/17/13, our Wyatt Earp: 11/22/06 - 12/16/15, and our Cyclone 8/26/05 - 9/12/16

Ok. Now that I have read this thread. Our check is on the way too.

Here goes.

DG Fix (Jilli) Sire-Right Connection, Dam-Day Gal

GF De Niro (Deniro) Sire-TNT Star Wars, Dam-Pretty Marlina

I can not seem to find anything on Deniro's Dam.

Rockingship, thanks for doing this. My $$$ are on the way.

HI TECH POPANDGO #31965 Calico salad x Maypop

NODAK AUSTIN #55202 Chrisse's Twelve x Lotsa Liz

Willow( Hi Tech Popandgo ) CGC #31965 Calico Salad x MayPop 8-9-93/9-24-07 Austin( Nodak Austin ) #55202 Chrisse's Twelve x Lotsa Liz 2-25-96/2-15-05 Matt( Kelsos Metaphor ) #90695 Oswald Cobblepot x Kelso's Movita 8-10-00/2-28-14 Buddy (Aljo Class Act) #78137 Action By Design x Miss Classy 12-8-98/8-29-09 Sonny (Onaim Excalibur)#97927 Flying Train x Rough Diamond 9-7-01/1-9-2016Hunter (SS Snow Roll) #35135 Craigie Whistler x Lightning Snow 10-4-2005/9-23-17 Leo (Yolo Empleo)#72060 4-13-18 Fiesta Paraguas x Mega Bien Hecho

Guest rockingship

Hi Greytalkers....thanks for standing up and getting behind the greyhounds in Connecticut.

Simone...God has already blessed me in so many ways, not the least of which, was with my years spent in the company of thousands of greyhounds and the great people I have encountered in all my work with them.... he must be getting sick of blessing me by now....

Salemgrey....I am having some difficulty locating any info on Kiowa Whipper....there is a Kiowa Whisper in the database.....could there be some mixup?

Meanwhile, gang, I'm working as hard as I can to respond as quickly as possible, in the order they are posted here. If I have missed anyone, please advise me, below....

...and keep em coming, we've still got some dough to raise.....

You guys have been great....

Hey Penny.....I'll be working on pedigree reports next Sunday....wanna stop over? :lol:lol:lol

Edited by rockingship

Salemgrey....I am having some difficulty locating any info on Kiowa Whipper....there is a Kiowa Whisper in the database.....could there be some mixup?

That was what was on her adoption papers.

I have her tatoos (well, she has them :lol) so I can call the NGA next week and ask them if that is the correct Dam.

Money order to be sent when the banks open Monday. Hallo Top Son, raced at Plainfield. #85599. Leo's Midas x Starlight Classy. Thank you.

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Guest rockingship

Tory N Us......I'm having a terrible problem getting any information on Dobie ( JD's Landmark Love)....not on the database, not in any of my personal records....do you have any pedigree info on Dobie at all?

Salemgrey.....the NGA has all this info, and it would indeed be nice if they cooperated with all Greytalkers who are so graciously participating in this fund-raising effort, by declining the normal charges for pedigree info. It would be great if you could find out whatever you can from them.....some of these lines are obscure branches, and they need to be connected to their taproots, before we can fully understand them.

Rockingship, these should be easy since I think you've covered a lot of the heritage:

Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana)

Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess)

Reko Zema is not in any of the databases, but her parents are. :)

$20 check on the way.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I have a check ready to go in the mail tomorrow. I know a little about my girls since I have mother and daughter.

Rainier Restive (EJ's Douglas x Rainier Rowanda)

Rainier Rowanda (Aus Ready Freddy x Rainier Rita)

Thanks Rockingship! We'll get those dogs fed and re-homed.

Denise & Strider, Blake, Fields, Frank, FlippyDoo, and Momma Gail.

The Bridge Angels Zack(Ags Marble Chip) 4/25/93-2/16/06, Wanda(Rainier Rowanda) 12/14/94-06/09/06, Brooke/Boogers(Rainier Restive) 01/01/99-10/20/08, Warlock(Rainier Rammer) 4/29/99-10/01/09), Patsie(Frisky Patsy) 5/17/96-2/05/10, Hatter(Cals Madhatter) 6/3/00-3/11/10, Dodger(Rainier Ransack) 4/29/99-4/16/10, and Sparkle(Okie Sparkle) 11/8/2000-1/28/11

Ok, Hatter was feeling left out. :(

Cals Madhatter (My Rooster x My Chantily)

Thanks!

Denise & Strider, Blake, Fields, Frank, FlippyDoo, and Momma Gail.

The Bridge Angels Zack(Ags Marble Chip) 4/25/93-2/16/06, Wanda(Rainier Rowanda) 12/14/94-06/09/06, Brooke/Boogers(Rainier Restive) 01/01/99-10/20/08, Warlock(Rainier Rammer) 4/29/99-10/01/09), Patsie(Frisky Patsy) 5/17/96-2/05/10, Hatter(Cals Madhatter) 6/3/00-3/11/10, Dodger(Rainier Ransack) 4/29/99-4/16/10, and Sparkle(Okie Sparkle) 11/8/2000-1/28/11

Great job, Rock!! Loved the history of Chance and Seamus' family. I decided you deserved a tip for being so thorough and quick, so I sent a little extra to Penny in Bridgeport!!! :)

Nancy

th_Chancepool.jpgmissing my Angel, Chance ~ 1/23/99 - 1/24/08 (Fortified Heart)

"...for every joy that passes, something beautiful remains"

Guest jo-anne sauve

happy to send along some money.

Nitro TB Boss

Sire - Wigwam Hoss

Dam - TB Black Wind

Oh, I'd love to be in on this! :P I'm sending my check today.

Dash was known as Blazing Diablo.

Dam: Blazing Brandy

Sire: Blazing Desire

Thanks for taking the time to do this! :)

paula_sig.gif

~One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all ~

Guest Lorca

OK... I'm in too... My check is on its way.

I'd love to find out more about my girl Ruby (Sire: Twilight Reward, Dam: Rare Jewel). Click the link to Geyhound-Data below.

I'll have to tell my friends in Bridgeport about all your available greys...

Thanks,

John

Rockingship,

What a GREYT thing to do for us, and for such a greyt cause.

My check for $20 is in the mail this week - I just got paid!!!

Here's Daisy's info, and little bit of what I've learned about her parents...

Racing Name: Island Daisy

Sire: Bee Lite

Dam: No Fruits (there is nothing on Daisy's mom, not even her year of birth)

Daisy's Pedigree

I've learned a little bit about Daisy. Her owner was James Knowles, who has a greyhound farm in Alabama. As far as I can learn, she schooled at Seabrook, and then was transferred to Hinesdale where she raced up until early Nov. 2002. Her sister, Island Blossom raced at Hinesdale up through Jan. 2003, but I've not found anything else on her. I was hoping to learn if she had been up for adoption or adopted out. The not knowing is troubling.

I did a little bit of Internet searching about Daisy's parents, and found someone who knew her father Bee Lite! She saw him win a big race (referenced below). Here's part of this woman's email reply to me...

When I started working at the Woodlands a friend and I would go visit a few race kennels on Tuesday nights. (Milkbones and Love :-) )Thunderbird Kennel had Oshkosh Waldo and the Beckner Kennel had Bee Lite. When they raced together in the finals of the Great American Greyhound Futurity it was so awesome. They were both great dogs and because we had gotten to know them personally it made it even more special. The year after that race, I began working for Thunderbird Kennel.

Bee Lite was a beautiful dog! He was sweet and gentle, always wanting attention. He always found lots of people ready to accommodate him! I hoped to be able to find a program that had Bee Lite racing to send you , but haven't found one yet. If I do I'll be sure to email you.

Thanks so much, Rockingship! This is a tremendous gift, and there's no hesitation to help CT out.

Mom to Daisy (1999-2012), LB (aka Little Bit), and Sammy James (aka Sammy or Buddy)

Guest Doc'sMom

My Doc is from Plainfield, CT too. He also only ran in 2 races. He came in last and second to last. Oh well. I will send $10 to Karen ASAP. His race name was Fran's Doc Lille.

Edited by Doc'sMom

"Money order to be sent when the banks open Monday. Hallo Top Son, raced at Plainfield. #85599. Leo's Midas x Starlight Classy. Thank you."

Re: the above paragraph originally posted May 31...$$ has been sent to each track. Thank you Rockingship, Penny and Karen.

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.